30

My breathing quickened as I felt my father's familiar presence behind me.

"I'm taking her, filth, don't test me." My father spat as Nyx started to walk towards us.

His eyes looked...ablaze, his face contorted with fury. I've seen Nyx angry, but not this angry.

"Let go of her." Nyx slowly demanded, emphasising every word.

I could hear my father's pulse quickening, and his grip slightly loosening. He's clearly intimidated, but that will never make him run off. Not when he's finally found what he has been looking for.

"This is my daughter, she is nothing to you like she is to me."

I look up at the decorative ceiling, trying to keep my anger down. I must not turn into that beast, not right now.

"You have no idea what she is to me." Nyx snarled, I look back as his wings slightly open out.

"You're trying to take her from me, like your father did with my bride- I'm not letting it happen again." He seethed, now gripping me tighter.

Nyx is only a few steps away now, nearly reaching us.

"The bride you tortured for so long? The bride you locked up?" Nyx quipped, stopping a step away from us.

"Maybe she deserved it." Tamlin growled. "Look at what she's become."

Nyx smiled, a winning smile. "Yes, look at what she's become. Look at what's she's become with my father, the man who let her out."

My father made a deep growl, I could feel his nails digging slightly more into my neck. He's on the verge of shifting.

"Now let her go- or I'll take her. Like my father stole the bride of Spring....I will steal the daughter of Spring." Nyx threatened.

My father went still- I saw that as my chance to act, releasing my claws to slash at him.

He cries out, falling backwards- I quickly run close to Nyx, standing by him. Back to safety.

"You'd do this again, hurt your father to be back with him." My father screeched, making a loathing look at us both as he stood back up.

Nyx's arm wrapped protectively around my waist, bringing me tightly to his chest. "Remember when I said I'll make you regret laying a hand on her?" He growled.

There was a pause, my father looked as if he was about to answer- however then his breathing caught, his eyes dilating.

He then made the most piercing screech, his body contorted in pain as he doubled over, his hands grasping his head.

Then whatever had ensnared him let go, my father now no longer screeching.
He just lain there, like a broken animal.

"I hope that's made you remember, who and what you're dealing with."

When I looked up at Nyx, he was looking at him menacingly- which made my cheeks heat just seeing him this way.

I looked down at my father, who looked up slowly from under his golden hair, his breathing haggard.

He stared at us intently, like he was analysing.
Then his pained expression moulded into an angry frown. "You love her don't you?" He asked, spitting out the words like he couldn't stand saying them.

Nyx didn't answer he just looked at my father, his expression unreadable.

"Goodbye Tamlin."

And then we winnowed away, my father's horrified face obscured by the black wisps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~