36

The hug was warm and sweet- I couldn't believe how a fierce warrior like him could be so gentle.

His hair tickled my face as he leant into my body- he didn't even try to pull away.

When he told me that he finally started to believe me, that I could be trusted- I felt the happiest in my life. Nobody seems to trust me..except Nyx.

I miss him so much, sometimes I try and compare him to Cailean. Nyx always comes out in top, there's something special about him. Something that draws me to him.

I release him, stepping back out of his warmth.
He smiled shyly, looking up at me with those blue-grey eyes, which now look innocent, when they were more fierce and piercing just moments before.

He quickly composed his face, making his look more straight faced.

"I hate hugs." He stated, I raised my eyebrow. "But...I didn't mind that one." He admitted, running his hands together- looking to the rocky, dusty ground.

"Well, as you're not one for giving compliments, I'll take that one." I smirked, shrugging on a cardigan I found in my backpack.

He chuckled, pulling out his blankets and jumpers- ready for the night.

I copied him, rolling out a pink fluffy blanket- patterned with golden stars and moons.
This isn't the best material for the outside- I could see the dirt and dust sticking and coating it already.

"There's a trail that's been made- across the top of the mountain, we can take that route." Cailean explained, sitting on his comfy bedding.

I nodded- sitting on my half comfy bedding.

As the darkness started to settle in, I rested on my bedding- staring up at
the open, black sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must have drifted off to sleep, as the temperature had dropped and it was even more darker than the last time I had looked at it.

I felt the ache in my eyes, proving my tiredness, so I went  to lay down and drift off again.
My eyes instantly flew open at the sound of squawking and rustling.

In pure instinct I shape-shift into my beast form, teeth and claws ready.
I sniffed, looking around the dark (I could see more, due to the more developed eyes of my beast). I bristled at the scent- the scent of death and gore.

I padded up the rocks, climbing higher up the small mountain- I could hear the tiny rocks falling behind me as I went.

I neared the owner of the scent now- leading me down the other side of the small mountain.
A cold wind brushed past my golden fur, rustling it.

I gingerly climbed down the mountain slope, watching the darkness around me. I couldn't help but feel, that my eyes won't the only ones in the darkness.

Cailean would murder me if he knew I had wandered off, without telling him or waking him.
But when I saw his face, peacefully sleeping- eyes shut, lips slightly parted- he looked too peaceful to move.

As I finally left the small mountain- the entrance to 'Under the Mountain', loomed in front of me. Leading up to it was a wide expanse of rocky, bumpy ground.

I could still hear the squawks, but what made an instant shiver go down my spine was the deep growls and gurgles- coming from the mouth of the cave.

I trotted closer, pricking my ears. I sniffed again, and there was still that strong smell of death wafting over, but even stronger than before.
I must be getting close.

I watched the mouth of the cave- it stil looked desolate and empty.

As I finally made it to the wide entrance, I walked in without even thinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drips from the top of the cave splashed down onto the rocky path leading into the mountain- some splashing my fur.

It was cold in here- my giant teeth chattering slightly.

I turned a corner, eyes searching the darkness.
I caught glimpse of movement- which made me stiffen.

And there walking out of the darkness, just as my father had described to me, was an attor.