16

After food was served and eaten, we were to dance in a famous ballroom- that of course the High Lord, his family and friends have access to 24/7.

Nyx carried me as we flew to the next venue, right in the middle of Velaris.

All this is new to me, the gatherings, the closeness of all these people I have met- it just shows how alone I really am.

The ballroom looked stunning, glass chandeliers, curtains like purple ribbons, wide glass windows (in the dark lights shine all around you from all the street lights), the walls were ornate (pictures painted by, I can only assume, Feyre.), the wallpaper was a beautiful dark violet. The Night Court really love their purples.

"You know, my parents own the House of Wind." I turn around to face Cailean, standing with his arms crossed, bringing me out of my thoughts. He wore a loose white shirt, tucked into his black trousers. Hair hanging either side.

"You couldn't wait to boast about that, could you?"

"I just thought you should know. As you would have no clue, the Spring Court is like another world- hell would suffice."

I groan at that. "Can we stop insulting my Court for one second?"

"Your court doesn't deserve my pity." He scowled. "Your his little minion, even your face is a spitting image." He walked closer towards me.

I shake my head. "My appearance has nothing to do with my personality." I start to feel annoyance now, his impertinence getting to me. I step back nearly treading on the back of my pretty dress.

"It helps a lot though, an appearance can tell you a lot about a person." He was now only an inch away from me, his head hanging down, his eyes staring in mine intently.

"If you ever try to do anything to Nyx, so much as say or do one thing against him, I'll kill you." He smiled, this deathly smile. "And trust me, I'll enjoy it."

Without another glance he turned around and walked to the small bar through the archway from the ballroom.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and quickly move away.

"Hey, are you okay?" Asked Nyx, holding two cups in his hand, his brows creased.

I bite my lip to stop me from crying, and turn away from him. He winnows away for quite literally one second, and then he is back with no drinks in his hand when I next looked.

"What happened, did someone say something to you?" He asked sternly.

I feel something creeping into my mind, and I swat it away- with the made up claws in my head.

"Why did you shut me out?" Nyx frustratedly and sadly asked.

"I don't fit in here, no one wants to know me, no one wants to even try- because that's how it's like to be Tamlin's daughter- just because the fathers a menace, the daughter automatically is too." I snapped, tears streaming down my face.

I felt everyone's stares now, but what of it? None of it's new.

As soon as I entered the ballroom earlier, I felt the room hush to quieter tones. Thinking they best not let the daughter of Spring catch even one word.

"Lin..." Nyx begun distraught, his expression showing pain. "You do fit in, that's what scares them the most. That you're nothing like him, like your father."

I give a smile with no warmth walking backwards as I spoke. "Maybe I am just like him." and then faced the archway to my right, and walked into the cold air.