21

Nyx held my hand as we trekked across mountains after mountains, in every kind of weather imaginable.

We didn't have time to grab lots of items, but Nyx managed to find us equipment and resources that can assist us.

Today is a lucky day, the sun was out beaming and shimmering, coaxing my skin.

We decided not to winnow straight to every destination, for a few reasons. Nyx needs all his strength, and taking two people multiple times will ware him down. He needs his strength and I need mine, for anything or anyone we may meet. Another reason, is we want to spend time together and get to know one another even more.

When Nyx admitted this, and asked if travelling with him would be ok- it made me smile, even nearly beam as much as the sun.

We have no destination, just wandering about different lands and people instead of a set place. Having no destination gives a thrill to it.

"There's something about you."

I look up from the rocky ledge, at Nyx leading in front of me- his hand firm but soft around mine.

"What about me?" I ask curiously, minding my step.
We're quite high up, and im still trying to adjust to these kind of heights.

"Something draws me to you. I didn't even know you yet- but I was still intrigued. I wanted to know you." He said, clearly bemused. "Are you mind controlling me, Linetta?" He glanced back and smirked.

I grin. "Maybe." I then shake my head smiling. "In all seriousness, I get what you mean. I feel the same too." I admit.

There is something, something I can't put my finger on. We're connected somehow, and it bewilders me when I think about it.

"Do you think we have some kind of bond?" He posed.

"Maybe." I reply- deep in thought. Why would we be connected if that were true?

We continue across the mountain and down a rocky slope- the afternoon already creeping in.

"We'll have to camp out again soon- set up some sort of camp."

"Hopefully we will keep having the luck that we have had so far....no disturbances."

He nods in agreement. "Anyway if anything did happen.." he stopped and turned around, holding both my arms. "I will protect you, no matter what."

I can't help the blush that creeps in, by seeing me he starts to do the same and turns around, letting go of my hand. "We will camp here, in this small forest."

I nod and without a second thought- lay down and nestle into the soft grasses below.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We began our hike again, heading towards the winter court. Which I'm in all honesty dreading.

"Linetta." Nyx chuckles at my protests of cold temperatures. "You need to experience every kind of biome imaginable. You've been stuck in fairy land too long." Nyx remarks.

"Yes, and I like it that way."

Nyx still held my hand and I tried to pull mine away, but of course he was not having it, now holding my hand firmer.

"Don't be a baby Lin." He teases. "Surely your beastly form can keep you warm."

"My beastly form doesn't like the cold either." I murmured.

He snorted. "Don't fret sunshine, I'll keep away the cold."

"By doing what?" I question.

"Using my powers of course...or I could keep you warm the traditional way." He contemplated.

I frown, perplexed. "What's the traditional way?"

I nearly trip over a rock as I was so invested in our conversation. I haven't been paying much attention to anything we're waking past and seeing, he's the main attraction.

"I will be your heat source. My wings can be quite the heater you know." He joked, I can imagine his big, wide smile whilst he's looking head.

"You'll do no such thing." I decline quickly, my cheeks getting heated once again. Maybe just his words can be a source of heat. I cringe at that.

"We'll see." He replies, a hint of cheekiness behind it.

We walk for what seems like weeks, but as we climb down carefully alonga rockly slope- and down another mountain side, snow starts to fall, and the ground now covered with it- like puffy clouds in the sky.