4

We arrived on a snowy mountain, under a sky full of stars. I shivered as I felt cold wind swipe past my bare skin, nipping it. I looked up to Nyx with wide eyes- his big black wings opened widely at his back. He smiled at me, satisfied with my surprised expression.

"How was that? Thrilling wasn't it?" He said, letting go of me and turning to face me.

I folded my arms, trying to warm my body. I'm not used to cold and freezing temperatures, I'm used to the sunshine and warmth.

"Y-yes." Was all I could reply through my chattering teeth.

He then noticed my shaking, shivering body.

"Sorry sunshine, I'll grab something." He winnowed away for what seemed like two seconds, then came back handing me a black jumper. His other hand holding a furry white and silver coloured coat.

I mustered a smile and pulled the black jumper over my head. He handed me the furry coat, helping me put my arms through the sleeves.

"I forgot that this kind of temperature...is not what you're used to." He said apologetically. "You'll get used to it, this place is really beautiful despite the cold."

I look around me, snow coating every surface and hill. Breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking.

"It's beautiful, Nyx." His name sounds strange when I say it, but I can tell that I'm going to get used to it pretty quickly.

"I can give you a tour....would you like one?" He said, nervously pulling at his fingers.

"I would love one." I reply, still admiring the view. " And I would like to get to know you, Son of the Night Court."

"Same here, Daughter of the Spring court." He grins, and sticks his hand out for me to hold.

I walk up to him and take it, his hands rough, but warm coaxing mine.

"Let me show you the Mountain Palace." He smiled, clearly eager to show me this place.

"I can't wait to see it." I said as black snaked through my vision, winnowing away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~