35

Cailean was tiring as we neared the deathly mountain, his wings flapped slower, more sluggish.

"We'll have to stop here." Cailean stated breathless, carefully flying us down.

I could see how worn his face was- probably caused by the aching in his wings- which made me feel a twang of guilt.

I would offer him to sit on my back in beast form- but I doubt he'd trust that one bit. Understandable, I wouldn't probably trust me either.

It's worth a try I thought as I watched him I'll ask later, when my confidence has flared up.

"Cailean." I asked, whilst we sat down on a rock.

All around us were mountains, pointy tops and some even have the odd bit of snow.
The one that looked the deadliest, the most formidable- was that mountain. The mountain which every body hates.

"Yeah Lin?"

My mouth opened a bit but then I quickly closed it, he's actually given me a nickname? That's an improvement.

"Could you tell me..about Nyx's lover from the past?"

He looked up at me curiously. "Why do you want to know about that?"

I looked to the ground nervously. "I'm just interested."

"It's his private business." He stated, leaning both of his arms on his knees. His long dark hair hanging around his chiselled face. "So I can't say."

"Please tell me some of it, so I can get an idea of his past." I plead. This is something I need to know. Before I get any ideas..

He watched me for a second, to look deep into my features. Trying to read my expression.

"It was a tough one." He breathed, looking down at his scarred rough hands.

"How so?" I pressed, watching him run his hands together and pull at them nervously

"Nyx is...the jealous protective type. His parents have passed that down to him." He smiled slightly, as if reminiscing a past memory. "His lover didn't like that".

"Why didn't she like it, wasn't her love strong enough to overcome that?"

His jaw clenched. "Turns out, she was only after his title. I think she liked the sound of High Lady." He scoffed. "She didn't like his jealously because she wasn't in love with him."

Poor Nyx. I shook my head in disgust. Hearing this makes me want to show him, show him what real love feels like.

"Where is she now?" I glowered, plotting her death already. My father taught me how to torture a victim- it would be easy on this one.

"Far away from us. Rhysand and Feyre shipped her off somewhere far." He smiled at that. "That's why they can't trust you, not just because you're Tamlin's daughter- it's because of what Nyx has been through. They don't want him to go through that again."

I nodded, and looked up at the dark mountain. "They've been through a lot- your family."

"Yes." He murmured.

I turn to look at him again. "I will not bring any more pain to any of you. I swear it. On my crown of Spring." I promised, giving him an intense stare.

"It's weird, Linetta, as I never thought I'd say this but..I actually am starting to believe you."

He grinned at me, and I beamed back- running over to give him a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~