55

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Linetta's POV•'-

Cornelia didn't spin around in time- Nyx ripped her off me, fury moulding into his perfect features, gripping her neck.

Cornelia hissed- struggling in his iron grasp- her face turning ashen. In a sudden swift movement he decapitated her- her whole body falling onto the stone stand.

My breathing was heavy- my body shuddering from the pain, but when Nyx came rushing up to me- I felt better in a way.

He's come for me, he's here.

Corneila's head rolled off the stand- making people gasp and scream in outrage and disbelief.

Nyx knelt beside me- worry and relief washing over him- just like it washed over me.

I couldn't shift back- I didn't have enough energy to. Nyx seemed to understand that- and stroked my furry head, dark blood splattered over his tanned skin.

"I'm here for you now, Linetta." He murmured- stroking up my ears now.

I whined in earnest- just wanting to pull him into a hug. I nudged his knees with my nose- the only kind of contact I can muster right now.

He leaned forward and kissed my nose- smiling as he did so. I licked his face back- which made him giggle.

I love to see him happy- even more so that I am the one causing it.

Did he come alone? I suddenly thought in alarm. He wouldn't be stupid enough to do that.

Right on queue Cailean and Erebus walked up behind him- and stood there waiting, both spattered with black blood. Cailean didn't look at me, neither did Erebus, they just looked elsewhere, as if they'd rather be anywhere else.

Until they were seized by attor guards and pulled away.

I growled trying to rise- but my body prevented it- like it was too much of  a heavy weight for my legs to carry. I fell back down again with a big thump.

Nyx turned around to see what I was looking at- already rushing to his friend's aid- but he didn't even need to.
Cailean rammed a short sword into the guardsmen's stomach- making him double over- Erebus managed to cut off both of his guardmen's arms in swift movements- and then stabbing him in the heart.

I breathed out a sigh of relief- feeling the panic go out of me- only to be replaced again- where's Blair?

I searched the crowds- but they all sat there watching and waiting, with no Queen to be seen.

Nyx looked back at me relieved- already making his way back, satisfied with his friend's work.

He was almost there- until he stopped dead.

"I would choose your next actions wisely Nyx of the Night Court." Blair warned- in her cold, dead voice.

Nyx's eyes widened as he looked to her and then to me- contemplating his next move. Cailean stood frozen- and Erebus watched behind his spiralling shadows. 

"Thank you for accepting my invitation, although you're rather late." She sneered- suddenly grabbing my furry neck with her sharp talons. "And it seems you have brought friends- that I didn't actually invite."

"Let go of her." Nyx growled- stepping towards us, hands out.

I felt limp under her grip- knowing that there is no point trying to escape- I hang my head in defeat- closing my heavy eyes.

Blair chuckled coldly. "Now why would I do that?"

My eyes fluttered open again.

"We'll go- we'll leave you here to do as you please, just let her go." Nyx pleaded- eyes wide and frightened.

Cailean breathed heavily, loudly enough for me to hear, his body starting to quiver.

None of them have actually been in this kind of situation- Nyx, Cailean and Erebus. Even me.

We're stuck- and we have no way out.

"I knew from the start that you weren't who you said you were- that's why I introduced the trials. I knew the Night Court would come running- only a matter of time."  She spat at me- digging her nails in more. "Ah, here you are."

"How." Cailean gaped, shaking his head.

My pulse quickened as I could hear something approach.

I managed to look up within Blair's grasp to see the attor guardsmen Cailean and Erebus had killed- alive and walking.

"Now, my exquisite guardsmen- seize these three men standing in front of me. I would like to use them for something." She commanded- inclining her head.

The guardsmen did as she asked- they walked up to them, six of them now- grabbing hold of their arms, two for each man.

I could see that deep power brewing in Nyx- his eyes lighting up. Just like how I had seen him the first time- I could feel his deep power seeping through him.

One moment Nyx was standing- ready for anything in his T-shirt and jeans, then another moment on the floor- head down screaming, the light in his eyes disappearing.

I could see a happy smile plastered on Blair's face- the satisfaction of seeing him like this.

"I'd rather we didn't get into that Nyx, you don't quite know how to use your powers yet."

I snarled- wrestling under her claws again, not caring that they're slicing my skin open even more.

"Stop hurting him." I mustered- snarling every word.

Blair snorted. "A beast that talks- how peculiar. As if that would surprise me." She scoffed- leaning further over my body- using her nails to hold her up as it dug further into my skin.

I screamed at the agony- sobbing through my teeth. Nyx cried out- trying to crawl over to me, even when Blair's tormenting him through his mind.

Cailean and Erebus ran to Nyx's aid, shoving past the guards- but as swift as an arrow Cailean and Erebus went down to their knees, just like Nyx. Holding their hands to their heads in agony.

"Let's try this again." Blair said- sounding bored. "Guards, take them to the cells."

From far off in the distance I could see Sebastian being dragged by five guards- two bringing up the rear- two holding his arms, his legs dragging on the ground- and one at the front leading the way.

I want to help all of them- I wish I could get the strength- but I can't.
I whimper as Nyx gets scooped up by a guard- and carried to the castle.
The same happening to Erebus and Cailean- cuffed at the wrists and pushed forward.

I watched in horror- feeling helpless and useless.

She did all of this in a few measly seconds- all with her powers. I underestimated her like a fool.

"Now." Blair crooned, sliding her long talons out- letting them drip my blood over my golden fur. "You must get ready for your second trial."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~