34

As soon as I saw his wiry brown beard and hair, I knew exactly who he was.

This man is one of the numerous people my father had messed with, and it seems that I might be a part of his plan for revenge.

"I've been wanting your fathers head for months." The man spat, his blue eyes crazed with fury. "Your's will do."

People have started to turn around- some even backing away and running- or just stared to watch a good show.

I thrashed at his tight grip, pulling back- sweat already trickling down my face- but he just wouldn't let go.

"Let go, or I'll have your head." Cailean threatened, coming behind him and poked his back with a dagger.

The man went stiff and his eyes grew wide, turning to my winged captor.

His still had his hands on my wrists, with as much grip as he did when he was looking at me.

I now wish that I'd worn longer sleeves, I'd have more of a chance getting away.

"Who are you?" The man asked gruffly, staring up at Cailean, who menacingly stood over him.

Cailean gasped, looking at me over his shoulder. "He doesn't know me?"

That made me smile- making the whole situation a tad lighter.

"Wings." The man gulped. "You have wings."

"Yes, yes I have wings." Cailean flapped them once, to show their power. "Would you like to know how much they have helped me, especially with the likes of you?"

The man shook his head releasing the grip he had on my wrists. He left red thick lines. I scowled, the bastard.

"No." He started to walk away but Cailean grabbed him by the scruff of his collar, stopping his quickened movements.

"Are you sure?" He whipped his body around to face him.

The man nodded, not even daring to speak.

I walked up to them, to get nearer, as Cailean leaned closer to the man's terrified face. "Threat her again, I'll have your head- just as I've said before, and I'll mount it on a spire- amongst others in Hewn City."

He started to shake, his hands quivering as Cailean held him whilst staring dead into his eyes.

He finally let go, and the man scuttled off- pushing through the crowd that gathered around us.
They were whispering with horrified expressions but as soon as they saw Cailean looking at them, they all started to disperse.

"Thank you." I thanked, with an appreciative smile.

He shrugged. "Nyx would have wanted me to to keep you safe, and his parents- we need you alive- so Tamlin will stop causing so much trouble."

I can't help but feel disappointment- for a moment there I thought he did all that..because he cared.

"What's he up to now?" I ask- trying to sound unbothered, rearranging my ruffled clothing.

"The Autumn Court has joined him, just as well you and Nyx left before more spotted you." Cailean started walking ahead, hands in his pockets.

I groaned, who in their right mind would join my Father's cause? Oh right, because the daughter he so strongly 'loves' is captured by good hearted people.

"Typical." I mutter and follow after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Cailean made it to the other side of the Market, after stocking up on a lot more food and drink.

We stood on a cobblestone street- by a well.
The houses around us were beautiful- decorated with bright suns, with fluffy white clouds.
One just had a painted sunset, their door mimicking the sun, glowing bright yellow.

"I can fly us now, as far as the Dawn Court's edge- nearest the mountain. From there we'll have it walk again."  Cailean stood facing me, watching me with his pretty blue-grey eyes, his wings flared outwards.

"The mountain?" I curiously ask.

"A lot of people call it 'Under the Mountain'."

Just talking about it made Cailean's face grimace, which is definitely understandable.

I remember what my father told me- about how a woman named Amarantha had loved him too much and captured him, also adding that Rhysand was used as a slave.

When he was drunk one night he even said that Rhysand had deserved it.

I looked at him with distaste that day, but he never seemed to notice. Too bothered about himself and his drink.

"Will we have to walk through there?" I queried.

"We can walk over it." He quickly replied, clearing not wanting to walk into the horrors a lot of people had to endure.

I nod. "Ok."

We stood there for a moment- enjoying the sun caressing our skin.

Cailean walked up to me arms out, which I walked into awkwardly.

He shot us into the air- and once again I felt the cool wind sweep past my sun kissed face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~