17

I gathered the skirts of my gown as I rushed through every street- my head swimming with angry and sad thoughts.

I could feel that Nyx was following me, hearing the soft beats of his wings above me. I chose to ignore him, never appearing to notice him.

This just doesn't work, will never work- our friendship was doomed from the beginning. Our parent's history is too strong to diminish.

Not many people were on the streets, due to the lateness of the night- but I could hear joyful songs from a far and laughter of the people who not yet want to sleep.

I could feel the cold prickle my skin and the smell of the salty sea air, it's a shame that I do not belong in such a peaceful, wondrous place.

Clearly Nyx became impatient and winnowed in front of me, stopping my brisk walk.

I look away, my eyes watching a home next to me, with plant plots at every balcony and ledge.

"Who said something to you? I need to know, Lin." He demanded, his wings out so I couldn't pass.

"Why does it matter? Stop pestering me about it and let me go." I complain, looking crossly at him.

"At least tell me what they said."

Nyx clearly wasn't going to give in, I sighed and explained...partially... the threat I was given.

As I explained, I could see Nyx's expression mould into a seething one. "I'll be back, don't move."
He then winnowed off abruptly, his silhouette like a giant bird in the sky.

I can't wait for him, I can't stay here any longer.

I feel my other form pressurise me, wanting to seep to the surface.
What's the point of me hiding what they already know me to be?

My body changes and transforms into my beast- allowing me to run faster through the empty streets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scents try to override my smell as I travel through Velaris, whenever a person stepped out a building or headed towards me, they bolted like frightened deer.

That gives me satisfaction- the feeling of power and intimidation. It makes me want to roar across the city, and let everyone see me.

I could hear a scream as I ran past a small cottage, at the corner of the street.

Soon the High Lord and Lady will be notified and they'll come, and of course let Nyx see me for what I really am. Proving their point.
I grumble- it doesn't even matter anymore.

I speed down a ally, my large body just able to fit through the slim path.
One moment it was empty, the next I was crashing into someone with giant wings- as they're so strong my whole body shot backwards in an awkward, painful angle- causing me to fall to the floor and blackout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~