18

The room was dim as I opened my eyes.

Where am I?

My back aches from the uncomfortable bed I can feel myself laying on.

I rub my sleepy eyes and sit up, the bed creaking as I did so.

I squinted through the dimness and noticed dirty, stone walls.

I frowned, what is this place?

I looked down at the beautiful dress- ripped and torn, my skirt hanging in shredded strips- it made me want to cry. It was a precious, luxurious gift.

Noticing a soft glow- I walk towards it and walk under a low arch, bending my body to not hit my head.

The light pained my eyes as they tried to adjust.

Bars.

That is immediately what I noted about the room.

To my left was a tall gate barred and thoroughly locked, around the rest of the room were little things like a wooden table and chair- no rug or carpet, just a stone cold floor which tortured my bare feet.

"I said let her out." A familiar voice growled.

"No. She's out of control and rabid in our peaceful city." Snapped another unknown voice back.

I heard a snarl, which echoed through my room.

"Don't snarl at me Nyx, sometimes you can be so foolish."

"I know her, Erebus, and she has a kind heart."

I followed the voices to my bars and peered through them. My room was part of a lengthy corridor, I could see two men standing, both with giant wings.

I could tell which was Nyx's silhouette, but the other silhouette I have never seen before. He seems taller than Cailean, but slightly shorter than Nyx.

"I've even seen her change into her other form." Nyx added.

"You saw her other form fighting her father, you didn't see her hunting in Velaris like hunting in one of her father's hunting grounds." The man named Erebus growled. "Your lucky I caught her before she did any real damage."

Everything went quiet for a few moments.

"She's staying caged up, Nyx, where she belongs." Erebus mumbled, my fae hearing managing to pick it up. Footsteps receded, and their voices grew quieter and quieter.

They have locked me up.

I walk to a corner and sit down and bring my head to my knees.

I hate being trapped, I hate it.

My father did it to me all the time, and now they have too.

My tears drop like a waterfall, constant and running coating my cheeks.

I breathe and count, repeating this 3 times.

I've done this before,

I'm going to get out.