26

We're near the Autumn Court border now, only a few more hours to go.

2 days had passed since we had last seen Aspen, and Nyx explaining his story.

Since these 2 days passing, a question has not been able to leave my head. Infuriating me.

Has Nyx ever loved someone?

He hadn't spoken about it, about anyone that could have been important in his life.
Maybe he just doesn't want me to know?

As I follow him through evergreen trees,  I decide to just ask.

"Have you ever loved someone?" I blurt out, hiding behind Nyx's tall form.

He turned to face me. "Why do you want to know that?" He queried.

"I'm merely interested." I shrug- trying not to make it a big thing.

"No..not really." He answers, as if he isn't bothered.

"Not really isn't no, what do you mean?" I pry.

"I liked a girl named Celia, and nothing happened further."

I caught a glance of his facial expression before he turned around- sadness smothered those beautiful features.

It clearly wasn't just a 'crush', something else happened.

He stopped again and turned around, staring at me. 

"What about you?" Nyx asked.

"My father hadn't really given me the pleasure to have a first love properly."

"I can imagine...so nobody at all?"

"One boy, actually an autumn boy in fact, liked me immensely—- I begun to return those feelings slightly. Of course my father started to notice and put an end to it."

Another reason my father is such a burden.

Nyx looked like he was pleased for a second before quickly changing his expression neutral again.

"Oh." Is all he replied.

He continued to lead me through the trees- I could see autumn leaves- oranges and yellows dotting the ground. Meaning we must be near.

"If we happen to walk into him Linetta, you won't try and rekindle your old love..will you?"

His question made me want to smile, why would he ask such a thing?

"Well I don't know.." I said slowly, smirking.

He turned around again for the 3rd time, his face an annoyed frown.

"What?"

"I said I don't know." I look to the left of me, smiling slightly, avoiding his burning gaze.

"What do you mean you 'don't know'?" He mimicks, walking up to stand over me.

The closeness of him makes my face heat, so I decide to try and walk around him.
He catches my wrist and makes me stay put.

"Promise me."

"Promise what?"

"That you won't rekindle with him."

I shake my head bemused. "Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?"

As if he had remembered something- his eyes went wide and he quickly let go me- stepping back.

"Never mind." He mumbled. "Do what you want."

He then turned back around and kept walking- without another glance.

I follow him, still perplexed, what the hell was that about?