56

A/n~ Next week I'll be back to college- so updates will be slower, but I'll do my best to make sure I keep updating!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Nyx's POV•'-

I rubbed my bruised head where I had smashed it against the wall whilst being thrown in by the guardsmen.

So not only are they attor- they can come back from the dead too.

How are we ever going to get rid of Hybern? They just seem to be one of those infestations that never seem to go.

The smell of damp and urine kept making my nose crinkle- the dust making me cough.

So this is what my mother had to put up with? Stuck in this damp, dark cell with no way of escape.

I rested fully on the cold stone ground- my arm supporting the side of  head.

Thankfully, my father was there for her, when Linetta's was not.

I closed my eyes- meeting darkness once again.

I've failed her. I've failed the mate I never even dreamed I might have.

My father didn't make those kinds of mistakes- run in to save my mother and all go wrong.

He didn't risk his friends lives or not be able to help them.
I was useless against Blair- her power unimaginably strong, my father could've took her on. Battled her with all the strength he had.

Cailean and Erebus are stuck in these cells some where too, because of me- Linetta i'm not even sure of.
I even tried earlier on to find out- but Blair shut me up, with one blow.
At least through our bond I can feel whether she's in pain or not- and right now everything's quiet.

When we were nearly at Hybern, I could feel the pain and torture she was going through- I'm lucky I made it in time. Before they fully finished her off.

At least I did that well.

Silent tears went down my cheeks as I think of what she must be going through right now- what my parents must be going through.
They should've found out by now- that we're all gone but it had to be done. I had to try.

I let out a soft sob, putting my hands on my face to cover it.

I don't deserve her, I never have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-'•Linetta's POV•'-

Second trial? So it's still going ahead. I thought- being dragged along with cuffs around my wrists.

"In case your beast decided to come back again." The guardsmen explained- after we left Blair at the last trial.

I tried to ask them where everyone is- everyone I care about that's here in Hybern.... but they wouldn't say.

Which has had my heart racing ever since they said that.

I breathed in and out- trying to steady my breathing, but it just wouldn't work. I couldn't calm down.

I look at my cuts and gashes all over my body- and wonder how I can even walk. Blair had managed to turn me out of my beast form- with that power of hers. She did some healing, only so I could walk and actually get to her next trial.

Speaking of the trail- what is she going to make me do next?

She must be practically bursting with happiness as she now has Nyx, Cailean and Erebus.

She's going to use them, I just know it.

As I stumble around another corner of the stone castle I suddenly remember another man I somehow forgot, my father. Where has he been?

I haven't seen him at the trials- nor around the castle.

He's probably made his way back to the manor- it wouldn't surprise me. He's never cared about me- ever and I don't expect him to now.

Some people snickered as I strode by- I'm guessing because of my torn dress hanging in threads. A tiny bit short for my liking..but I don't care, I can't do anything about it.

"Where are you taking me?" I demanded- pulling at the chains to grab their attention.

"To your cell." One of them replied, turning yet another corner into a more decorated corridor, with paintings of every style.

"I thought I was getting ready." I asked, confused.

"The Queen told you that to give you a minor scare." He satirised, clearly mocking me in some way. "You'll await your trial in your cell for not long, though." He added- finally making it to the gate which led into the lower cells.

"Here we are." He stated, happily- unlocking my cell and shoving me in- chains still around my wrists.

"Aren't you going to take these off?" I asked hopefully- wincing at the pain it was causing.

They chuckled. "Not a chance sweetheart." With that- they walked out, closing the gate behind them.

~*~

"Linetta?" A whisper came from the cell next to her.

"Sebastian?" I whispered back- crawling over to the bars that separated us.

"Hey." He murmured- finally coming into view. He had large cuts through his perfect face- bleeding as we spoke. "Are you alright?"

"Don't mind about me, what's happened to you?" I asked- horrified. Wishing I could help him.

"Ah, my sister." He said quietly but not strangely- as if it was a regular thing.

"Why?"

"Blair came into the castle after she healed you- and left you out there for a few moments. She visited the cells, to check that your lover-" He paused- as if asking for confirmation. I nodded- indicating him to carry on. "-and his friends. Your lover demanded to know where you were- but she struck him out cold, to silence him. That made the others shut up too. But not me- " He breathed, rubbing his temple.

"-I shouted at her to just leave you all be, I told her I would join her cause if she did as I asked." He looked away. "Clearly that wasn't a good enough deal- so she came in here to slice me with her talons for my insolence." He scoffed mockingly- bringing his head to his knees.

"You shouldn't do that for us, Sebastian, you barely know us-"

"I know you're kind people- isn't that a good enough reason?"

I nodded- smiling slightly. "Well thank you, for standing up for us."

"Anytime." He grinned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~