57

A/n~ Feel free to say whether you do like parts of this story or don't :)

P.s: There may be bad typos and confusing sentences in this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-'•Linetta's POV•'-

"Welcome, lady's and and gentlemen- to the second trial for Linetta of Spring." Announced Blair- with the same patronising voice.

Earlier on I glimpsed her hair up, twisted beautifully- but once I looked closer to see what held it- a black hand, just like the half attor, clutched it- pushing against her bun, so it would stay.
That made me grimace and my stomach churn- wondering where that hand came from.

That was all before she placed a blind fold over my eyes just after I left the castle.

I found it hard to walk- worrying I'd trip over a root or rock, however the guardsmen that led me with my usual chains, made sure I didn't.

Mostly, ground was soft- the feeling of grass and then all of a sudden it became uncomfortable as the ground changed to hard and rough.

I could hear waves as I was pulled closer to where Blair's voice came from.

A beach. I realised. We're on a beach.

Every time I walked Crunch, crunch, crunch accompanied me- definitely a beach.

I could people laughing again- clearly at the same outfit I've been wearing since the last trial or maybe at my vulnerability with being blind.

Who knows with this judgemental, evil crowd?

"Do you like the new addition to your costume, Linetta?" Sniggered Blair, from a place I could not point out. Due to the fact I'm blinded.

For a dark Queen, she does have childish humour.

I felt the confidence and anger flash through me. "Yes I love it- it really does fit the ragged appearance- doesn't it?" I quipped- biting my lip to stop me from commenting further.

"Mmm." I guessed that was Blair again- clearly she not really knowing how to answer. "Now, Linetta- you must be bursting to find out what you will be doing today?"

She must have indicated for the guards to take my blind fold off- as suddenly I squinted at the prying light.

I was right, it was the sea- with the colour of a beautiful deep blue. Birds cawing as they flew across- their feathers ruffled by the wind.

However- flying high in the sky too, hanging in an iron cage, was Nyx.

He appeared to be sleeping- his head against the floor- but then I noticed the chains, strapping him from every angle to the cage.

I couldn't breathe- I felt smothered, my heart beating rapidly.

I had a feeling he would be involved but...just seeing it- is torture, utter utter torture.

"These trials are no longer to prove yourself Linetta- as you have already failed to do it. They're just to-" She paused. "torture you instead." She delightedly added- not looking at me but at the boy I love locked up above.

I turned around, angrily- shaking my head.

"Ah, ah, ah." She tutted- I felt my lips close shut, I tried to open them- but I couldn't, it was as like she had glued them together. "Let me explain this trial first before you start to squawk."

She continued- satisfied with her power on me. "Let's keep it simple and short. You need to find a key, in this sea. It could be anywhere, may I had- to unlock his cage. Of course the sea will include creatures that will try to eat you." She grinned- the crowd exploding into laughter. "But I'm sure you can fend them off.....but wait?" The crowd started to gasp agonisingly. "Can your beast swim and fight?" I stared at her with horror, feeling my face draining of colour. "I suppose we'll find that out, won't we?"