𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

"LILITH

"LILITH. GET UP."

lilith jolted awake, the mention of her name and the shaking of her arm having woken her up. blinking a few times to try and remove the blurriness from her eyesight, she saw the person who had been keen on waking her up.

"arguello you best give me a good reason was to why you're waking me up righ-"

before she could finish her threat to the boy, marcus slapped his hand over her mouth, stopping her from talking any further. not impressed, lilith just narrowed her eyes at marcus before swatting his hand away.

"you best have a good reason for fucking doing that." she said pointing at marcus, him nodding his head. lilith watched as marcus pointed towards the door that led out into the hallway from lilith's bedroom.

"i heard a massive bang outside the front of the house."

"so you came to me?"

"habit i guess."

lilith laughed, patting the boy on the shoulder before excusing herself from her bed, the slight cold air hitting her legs. marcus copied the girls action, the two making their way towards the door of her bedroom.

as marcus was about to leave, lilith grabbed his hand, pulling him back. he gave her a look, his eyebrows furrowing as lilith held her finger up.

'one second' she mouthed, marcus about to protest to what was the girl doing, when he understood. she had gone into her desk of drawers, pulling open the top drawer before grabbing out three sets of knives. in addition to that, she pulled out her knife holder. handing marcus a knife, she then placed the other two knifes down before strapping her knife holder to her leg.

the knife holder was well hidden under her long pyjama top, the shorts she had on too covering the knife holder slightly. strapping in one of the knifes, lilith held a tight grip on the other one before walking back over to marcus who was stood back next to the door.

"now we can go." she whispered, holding her knife up whilst marcus opened the door. he was about to walk out first when lilith beat him to it, the boy muttering away about how 'he was supposed to go first' and 'i'm supposed to be protecting you'.

that last comment made lilith snicker, the girl giving marcus a look, almost like she was saying to him 'really?' as she could remember the multiple times she has been saving him over the course of knowing him these last few years.

"where was the bang again?" she asked, having forgotten where marcus had first heard the bang. turning around, she saw marcus pointing towards the front of the house, lilith looking back around before progressing down the stairs.