𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

A persistent, determined knocking against his door awoke Marcus from his sleep after his return from Maria's room only hours before

A persistent, determined knocking against his door awoke Marcus from his sleep after his return from Maria's room only hours before. He groaned, waiting for the knocking to stop, but it never did.

"Marcus Lopez Arguello you open up this goddamn door now!"

Marcus darted up from his bed, not worrying about waking up Shabnam as the boy was nowhere to be seen that night. Swinging open the door, Marcus grew shocked at the expression on Saya's face.

Fear.

"They've got Lilith."

"What?!"

Marcus felt his blood run cold, his heartbeat increasing rapidly as he pulled

Saya into his room, slamming the door closed behind her.

"What do you mean they got Lilith?!"

Saya's eyes widened at the outburst of Marcus's voice, taking his hand to pull him down onto the edge of his bed, her joining him. Noticing the anger in his eyes, Saya smiled sadly, looking down at her feet.

"Who got her Saya?!" Marcus repeated, narrowing his eyes at the girls quietness, growing inpatient. "I swear if it was Cheste-"

"It wasn't Chester." Saya interrupted, looking into Marcus's eyes. "It was her brother. Jason Grey."

"What? How? When?" Saya placed her hand against Marcus's chest, stopping his mouth continuing to throw out questions every second.

"We both came back after scouting the city for Chester's whereabouts, of which I found but we will discuss that with everyone later."

"Lilith is more important." Marcus interrupted, bringing a smile to Saya's face, agreeing with the upset looking boy as he looked down at his hands, a frown covering his face.

"Correct Marcus... I'm glad you're seeing how important she actually is." Marcus darted his head up, eyes narrowing at the girl sat beside him.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean Saya?" She shook her head, this time not being fazed by the raise of his voice, ignoring the glare she was receiving. Saya knew exactly what she meant, knowing Marcus too understood what she meant, he did not want to admit the importance and affect Lilith had on the boy.

"You know what it means Marcus." Saya sighed, jumping up from the bed, looking down at the frowning boy. "We need help."

"And I know exactly where to go."

                                             *******

Throbbing pains struck through Lilith's head as she opened her eyes, only to reveal herself strapped down to a wooden chair in a room with no light. Noticing the taped-up windows, Lilith sighed hanging her head down.