one

"Jason!" I yelled out in a fist of coughs while pushing wet hair out of my face.

"You didn't get up from the alarm or me banging pots in your ear, so I threw water on you. Get your ass up," he said with a smile.

I let out an agitated groan before sitting up and taking off the now soaked sheets and blankets. When I turned around, Jason was standing in my doorway with a smug grin on his face.

"Get the fuck out if you're not gonna help, I snapped, throwing a pillow at him.

"Hey! That was wet, asshole."

"It's your fault that it's wet."

Pushing past him, I brought my bedding to the washer and tossed it in there before pouring a bit of laundry detergent inside. I started the washer then went to the kitchen and grabbed a box of Lucky Charms, a bowl, and the jug of milk.

Jason walked in the kitchen, stretching then sat on the stool next to the counter while I fixed my cereal.

"You gotta work tonight?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Seven to twelve and then I have overnights the rest of the week."

I'm a bartender and a server. Jason put me on the job a few years ago and I've been working there since. It's around a shitty area but it pays greatly, so I don't complain.

Jason and I have been living together for a while but we've been friends even longer. After my last fucked up relationship, Jason was kind of my backbone. I haven't talked to my parents in years so him and a few others are the only people I really have left.

"You need a ride or did you fix your car?" Jason brought up, while fixing him an omelet.

"I fixed it up. It was just my battery, so I'm good to go now."

"Good, now can you fix mine?" He asked, slightly pouting.

I shook my head, chuckling. "Remind an hour or two before I have to go to work."

"Alright," he said, smiling widely.

I think of Jason as more of a brother than a bestfriend. Just because we've been through damn near everything together.

A few years ago, Jason's dad was married to this woman. Her name was Mariah and she was fairly nice and sweet. Until, Jason called me while having a panic attack. The bitch decided to take advantage of him while he was asleep.

When he woke up, his pants were down and she was on top of him. He didn't do anything because she threatened him, so he laid there. Eventually though, he did tell his dad and he got rid of her, even called the cops on her. They put a restraining order on her and they never seen her again after that.

He told me that there's one thing she told him. It's stuck with him since.

"You're nothing but a little play toy."

When he told me that over the phone, he cried even harder. He believed what she told him, so he doesn't get into serious relationships. Jason meets a girl, they do whatever the hell they... do and then she leaves.

Yeah, it's a dick move, I know. But he doesn't want to get in a relationship, because he's scared that they'll use him for the same thing.

We've never spoken about it since then. Honestly, neither of us wants to even think about that. His dad still apologizes till this day for that incident, no matter how many times Jason tells him it's not his fault.

At least, he's somewhat healed from it, and he's doing a lot better.

"I'm two seconds away from kicking you in the dick," I snapped, glaring at him.