eighteen

He's just gonna leave you, Scarlett...

He doesn't want you anymore...

Might as well run away like the bitch you are...

And he'll never love you!

I jumped up, breathing heavily and bringing a hand to my hair, pushing it back. I frantically looked around then jumped slightly when I heard snores from below me. When I looked down, Carter's arms were securely wrapped around my waist.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

4:38 a.m

After placing my phone back, I ran my hands down my face and breathed out slowly. I glanced back down at Carter then carefully pushed him to the side before climbing out of bed, and going to the bathroom. The light was blinding and I was tempted to walk around with my eyes closed.

I shut the door behind me and looked in the mirror. Strands of hair were glued to my forehead and my eyes were slightly puffy. My face was beet red and overall... I looked awful. I turned on the cold water with a deep sigh and began to rinse my face off while pushing my hair out of the way in the process.

I turned off the water and grabbed a towel, patting my face down then drying my hands. I avoided looking in the mirror this time and I just shut the light off, walking out.

Thankfully, Carter was still asleep and it was obvious since you could hear his snoring. I crawled into bed beside him and hugged my pillow tightly.

"Baby... you okay?" He sleepily mumbled, rubbing my side.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"I know you're lying."

The bed shifted a bit and he turned me around, so I was now facing him.

He's so cute with bed head.

"What's got you up at four in the morning?"

"A stupid nightmare," I muttered, looking away from him.

"It's not stupid to me. Want to talk about it?"

I pursed my lips, looking at him again and slowly sitting up.

"I'm scared... you'll get tired of me, find someone better. It's just a bunch of possibilities and-"

"Nope, hush. Red, I'm not even thinking about being with another woman, why? Because I have all the woman I need right here," he told me, grinning. "And trust me, you're perfect."

"You're just saying that."

"No. I'm saying it because it's true. You're all I want."

I nodded my head then moved closer, laying on top of him. Carter brought his arms around my waist and kissed the top of my head.

"Don't ever think I just won't want you anymore. That'll never happens, Red."

"I know... and I trust you."

"And I trust you. Now get some sleep, you need it."

My eyes fluttered closed with a yawn and my arms went around his torso as I once again, fell into a deep sleep.

•••

My sleep didn't last long, but I wasn't surprised. It never lasts as long as I plan for it to, but it is what it is. I've had problems sleeping since the abuse with Liam started, and I guess I've never been able to fix it. I'm not trying to blame everything on him, but... he's done some damage.