sixteen

"Next time, at least tell me if you're gonna get fucked," I blurted, biting into my sour candy.

"Hey!" Natalie yelled, her cheeks flushing red.

"What? I was on that couch for almost an hour, dummy," I grumbled.

"Sorry! Nathan's persistent."

"Last time I checked, you were the one who started seducing me," Nathan brought up, smirking at her.

"You weren't supposed to bring that up, dipshit," Natalie snapped, punching his arm.

"Ow," Nathan whined, rubbing the area.

I shook my head and pulled out my phone, humming quietly when I didn't see any texts or missed calls from Carter. My eyes shot over to Natalie, when my phone was yanked out of my phone then placed in her pocket.

"Nat-"

"No. He's fine, Scarlett, don't stress over it. We're supposed to be hanging out remember?"

"I'm more of a third wheel right now, Natalie," I snorted, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Let's go shop a little, then we'll go get food, okay?" She offered, bringing an arm around my shoulder.

I nodded, smiling then followed her into a store. She lead me around while I looked at the walls and racks full of clothing. It was pretty full in here, but most of the people were on one side of the store.

I went up to the jeans, looking at the pairs. I have enough black jeans as it is, might as well get a few denim.

"It's hot as hell outside and you're getting jeans?" Natalie asked, looking at me.

"W-Well, yeah. That's all I wear," I told her, grabbing a pair.

"With all that ass you have? Hard to believe," she chuckled, grabbing a pair of shorts and handing them to me.

"Might as well put them back," I mumbled, walking to the other side.

She followed me, sighing.

"Talk to me, Scar," she said, leaning against the rack beside me.

"I... I don't show my legs anymore," I said, glancing at her.

"Why? You got some sexy legs," she said, grinning.

I shook my head then sighed, saying, "Cutting scars. No one knows about them except Jason and Lola. Ever since I started, I don't show my legs. Carter doesn't even know."

"Scarlett... why didn't you tell me?"

"You we're gone remember? After everything that happened with Liam, you got arrested then vanished."

"I'm sorry, babes," she sighed. "I'm here now, that's what matters. How about this... get a few pairs, so when you feel comfortable again, you'll already have some."

I looked at the shorts rack with a quiet hum, tapping my finger. Glancing at Natalie, she was already looking back at me with a smile. I gave in and went to the rack, grabbing a few shorts in my size. I'll be honest, they had some really cute ones, but these cargo shorts were calling out to me.

"There. Now, I'm going look at underwear," I told her, before walking off. She chuckled as she followed and began looking through the bras.

Most of my damn bras broke, so now I need to buy more and my ass is growing out of my panties. Even my damn boy shorts! How does that even happen? The point is, I'm lacking panties, bras, you name it.

Nathan came towards us with two hand held carts, handing them to us.

"Your arms look like they're gonna fall off," he chuckled. "How much stuff are you two getting?"