eleven

It's been a few long weeks since Carter and I talked. Ignoring calls, texts, and even when he bugs Lola to contact me. That happened for the first week until I'm guessing he took the hint. I felt bad and I hated feeling like this, and I know I hurt him as well during all of this.

Lola tries to talk to me about it, but I just brush it off. All I've been doing is working, hanging out with Jason, and talking to my parents and Ava. See? Life's going great.

Jason had to borrow my car since his stopped working... again. I didn't have to time to work on it since I gave myself more hours to work, to distract myself. More hours, more money, so it's great!

I slid a shot glass to a woman before serving a tray of food to a table. It wasn't as busy tonight, but it was pretty full and manageable. When I was going to go back to the bar, one of the men at the table, called me back and handed me a few bills.

I smiled at him then put it in the pocket of my apron then said, "Thank you so much."

"It's no problem," he said, smiling back.

I walked back to the bar then counted the bills, smiling even wider.

Fifty bucks? Damn.

Shaking my head to myself, I looked at the notepad and started fixing glasses. Jason walked by next to me, pulling on his apron.

"Got everything handled here?" He asked me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, pretty much. You?"

"Yeah, I'm doing great. How are you feeling though?"

"I'm great, why do you ask?" I questioned, handing people their drinks.

"You just look lost in thought."

"Just working, J. Same thing as you," I
told him, walking to the back and grabbing plates.

"I know, I've just been worried about. I want to make sure you're alright," he said, following me.

"I know that. But honestly, I'm alright."

I smiled at him then picked up a tray, walking off to a table and placing the food down on the table. Jason placed the drinks after then we went back behind the bar. It was pretty quiet in here and boring. A little fight wouldn't hurt.

As I looked around, I caught a glimpse of a guy pulling out a clearly drunk girl out the front doors.

"Jason, take over for me for a minute," I muttered, grabbing an empty glass bottle.

I pulled my hair back then walked out the front doors, looking around. When I heard a slight scream, I followed it then ended up by a truck and he was trying to push her inside.

"Hey!" I yelled, swinging the bottle in my hand.

"Mind your business, bitch!"

I shook my head with a smirk then walked up to him, swinging the bottle towards his head. He fell to the ground with a groan, holding the side of his head, as he was obviously losing focus.

With the now broken bottle in my hand, I helped the drunk girl out of the car, putting her arm around my shoulders. I glanced at the now unconscious man then walked back into the building with the girl, getting glances back and forth.

I sat her down on the stool then handed her a bottle of water.

"Is there anybody I can call for you?" I asked her, sitting beside her.

She nodded her head then took out her phone.

"I-I stay with my sister," she slurred, clicking on a contact. "She should be awake."