six

It's been a while (a few months at most) and Carter and I have been hanging out... a lot. All of that hanging out brought me to one conclusion.

I have feelings for Carter.

Due to that realization, I did the logical thing and began to distance myself from him. He probably thinks I'm ignoring him but I can't keep being around if I'm developing feelings for him. It just isn't right.

Maybe it wasn't right to begin with but what's done is done. Lola's been trying to ask me if something happened and so has Jason. I tell them the honest truth but they don't believe me when I say it. It's like they want to hear something else.

Carter deserves actual women. Not ones like me, and that's fair to understand. He could find someone better, he doesn't need me, you know? Besides, I don't even know if he feels the same way, so there's another reason as to why I'm doing it.

I put my phone on silent after Carter was constantly calling and texting, trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Throughout that time of ignoring him, my emotions have been going haywire. Some times I don't feel anything and other times I feel... well, everything.

Erica's been bothering me even more lately. She knows I haven't been hanging out with Carter so, of course, she's ecstatic about it. When she comes by, she batters me with questions, touches me all the damn time, and is just being too touchy overall.

She was never like that before and it's honestly aggravating me. I liked it better when she was the hell away from me.

"Scarlett, you gotta talk to me," Lola blurted, bursting through the front door.

"I already explained Lola," I said, sighing.

"But it doesn't make any sense. Why would you two just magically stop hanging out? I thought you two were doing so good."

"We were and we just... stopped," I said, eating a slice of an apple.

When I looked at her, she looked as if she wanted to say something. I shrugged my shoulders and cut me up another apple, humming to myself.

"I'm gonna wake up Jason."

"No, no. leave him sleeping. I don't feel like hearing his lectures either," I told her but she was already headed that way.

I let out a groan, watching the hallway. They both came down the hallway in a matter of seconds, Jason looking exhausted and Lola being stubborn. Her arms were crossed and Jason sat at the counter, running his hands through his hair then laying his head on the counter.

"Why am I awake again?" He grumbled.

"Because Scarlett won't tell us what's wrong with her," Lola said, glaring at me.

"I've told you a thousand times. What else do you want to hear?"

"The truth."

"I've said my truth. If you don't want to hear it then that's on you," I said, tossing the knife in the sink with a sigh.

"Well, I'm not leaving here until I get to the bottom of this," she demanded, sitting on the couch.

"Enjoy your stay," I mumbled, sitting on the counter.

I glanced over at Jason and he was snoring while drooling on his arm. With a sigh, I put my plate down and hopped off the counter then helped Jason up and walked him to his room. He brought an arm over my shoulders as I walked him then flopped onto the bed once we were close enough.

I pulled his legs into the blanket then pulled the blanket over him before walking out and closing the door behind me. When I checked the time, it was about eight at night, almost nine.