two

"She's bringing a friend over? Sounds like he's more than a friend," Jason said, keeping his eyes on the tv.

"I thought the same thing but she claims he's just a friend, so I believe her," I told him, scratching my leg then bringing it back over his lap.

"When's she supposed to be coming?"

"She said soon. Luckily, I have a few hours until work," I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"You sure you wanna go into work? You look exhausted."

"We have rent, Jason."

"I also have a job, Scarlett."

"You work at the same place as me, stupid."

"Still have a job, dumbass."

"Which is also mine, ass eater," I retorted, smirking.

"Fuck off! It was one time!" He yelled, smacking my leg.

"It still happened, nasty ass!" I yelled back, kicking his side.

"We agreed not to talk about that," he grumbled.

I shrugged then poured a few skittles in my mouth. A rhythmic knock came to the door and I already knew it was Lola. I hopped out of my seat then went to the door, unlocking it and swinging it open.

"Hey, Scarlett," she greeted, smiling.

"Hey, Lola." I smiled back. "Where's your little friend?"

"He had to make a call downstairs. He shouldn't be long," she said, walking inside.

I closed the door then went back to my spot on the couch.

"So, how'd you meet the guy anyways?" Jason asked, looking at her.

"Oh, we work together. I had to help him find a new assistant since his last one quit on him."

"He's that annoying, huh?" Jason asked, snorting.

Lola rolled her eyes. "No, she got pissed cause he wouldn't fuck her."

I snorted then covered my mouth before belting out a laugh.

"That's pathetic," I spoke up, running a hand through my hair. "It's not the end of the world if a guy won't fuck you."

"Well, she obviously didn't believe that. God, I hate women like that," Lola mumbled, beginning to dig in my pantry.

"Fat ass, didn't you eat before you got here?" I asked her, standing up.

"Yeah, doesn't mean I'm full," she said, pulling out a bag of chips.

I rolled my eyes and was headed to the kitchen before someone knocked on the door again.

"It's open!" I yelled, grabbing a water bottle.

I heard the door swing open and when I peaked out of the kitchen, my breath got caught in my throat.

Holy shit, he's gorgeous.

For one, the man is tall; I'll give it six foot at the most. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes- and holy fuck how much does this man work out? Don't even get me started on that smile on his face when he walked in the house. May I say panty dropping? I'm definitely gonna say it.

Panty dropping!

"Scarlett, this is Carter. Carter, this is my best friend, Scarlett."

"Hey, it's nice to meet you," I spoke, meeting his gaze.

"Same to you," he retorted, grinning.

He extended his hand out and I took it in mine, shaking it before pulling away.