twenty-eight

In shorter terms, Carter and I been together for a good while now. I mean, everyday we spend together is great, because we get to know each other a little more. My feelings for him are... getting stronger by the minute.

Am I terrified? Of course I am.

Who wouldn't be terrified? It's nerve wracking just thinking about the possibilities, but I try to push them aside. Doesn't always work, but I still try. The point is, I'm really happy with Carter, and we've been amazing up to this point. I don't want to lose it or mess it up.

"You asshole!" I gasped when Carter dipped his finger in the pan. "That's gross."

"It is not. Besides, I'm hungry," he answered, licking the food off of his finger.

"You could've been patient, greedy ass," I chuckled, nudging him away with my hip.

He grunted from beside me and held my waist, pulling me to his chest. I glanced back at him with a smile then kept stirring the pots.

I was in the mood for... well, a meal. So, I'm making baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a side of green beans. Carter keeps trying to get his greedy hands in everything, and he just dipped his finger in the potatoes. It's taking everything in me not to slap him with the spoon.

"Carter Hansen, I swear to god," I threatened, glaring at him.

"Last name too?" He grinned, patting my butt.

"Stop distracting me, mister," I chuckled.

"I like having my hands on you. Have you not noticed this?" He then asked, bringing his arms back around my waist.

"Want to try the green beans?" I asked him.

"Hell yeah. I'm starving."

I shook my head, chuckling then grabbed a forkful, bringing it to his mouth. Carter leaned forward, taking the food into his mouth then chewing. I cleaned off the fork then looked at him, waiting for his opinion.

"Can I have more?" He mumbled, wiping his mouth.

"When everything's done, you can have as much as you want," I said, bending down to check the chicken.

Once I closed the oven, I yelped when Carter brought his hand to my ass, slapping it. I looked back at him, playfully glaring before smacking his hand.

"You can't wave an ass like that in my face and expect me not to touch it, baby," he chuckled.

"Try to hold back then," I chuckled.

I leaned back against the counter and me moved in front of me, placing his hands on my waist. He then lifted me up, standing between my legs and rubbing my thighs.

"You're beautiful," Carter said, kissing my cheek.

"And your handsome," I replied, feeling warmth on my cheeks.

"You blush so easily," he chuckled. "It's cute."

"Shut up," I mumbled, my cheeks heating up even more.

He chuckled a bit more, kissing my forehead then taking the pan of baked chicken out of the oven. He placed it on the stove then moved back between my legs.

"It's awfully quiet. Where's your little friend, Jason?"

"He's been working a lot, but I don't know for what. I know he's been bringing his little friends over here, but that's about it," I said, leaning back. "That reminds me, I need to start working again. I have bills to pay."

"I know, I know. I've been taking up all your time and attention. I've gotten so used to being around you, it feels weird when you're gone," he explained, tracing shapes into my thigh.