thirteen

I scrolled through the channels, running my fingers through Carters hair as he slept. His arms were securely wrapped around me and his head was resting on my chest. Carter's lips were slightly parted as he let out gentle snores, shifting in his sleep every so often.

Usually, I would the rest of the day, but I didn't want him awake by himself. It was mid afternoon, but I had the curtains closed so the sun wouldn't wake up Carter. He always looked exhausted, so he needs this rest right now.

I sat up a bit to get comfortable and I felt his arms loosen before he turned on his side. Getting out of my bed, I walked out and closes the door behind me before going g to the kitchen. I started to take out ingredients then a big skillet.

After the stove warmed up, I placed strips of bacon on the skillet while I mixed the eggs in a bowl. I grabbed another small skillet then poured the bowl of eggs inside and let it cook before stirring it around. Glancing at my room, the door was still closed, so Carter wasn't awake yet.

I moved the bacon to a plate then replaced it with french toast. My stomach growled as my nose caught the aroma of the breakfast cooking in front of me. The eggs were done so I moved it to another plate then moved the skillet to the back of the stove.

After I flipped the french toast enough times, I moved it off and started to fix Carter's plate. I took out a jug of juice and poured it into a cup, then put it next to his plate. After cleaning off my hands, I went back to the room and Carter was still sound asleep.

I felt myself smile as I carefully got in bed next to him, pulling him back on top of me. He let out a quiet groan, bringing his arms back around me and moving his head to my chest. Bringing my hand to his hair, I gently scratched his scalp. Carter groaned again, but it sounded more relaxed than the first one.

I looked over his face and his eyes slowly fluttered open with a yawn.

"Morning, sleepyhead," I said, smiling.

"Morning," he rasped, yawning again.

"There's breakfast for you in the kitchen."

"You made me breakfast?" He asked, looking at me.

I nodded with a smile and he sat up to kiss my cheek.

"Alright, come on," I told him, standing up and grabbing his hands.

Carter whined, laying back. "I don't wanna."

"Well, you gotta," I chuckled, pulling his arms again.

"Come on, Red. Can't we just lay back down and cuddle?" He mumbled with a slight pout.

"You need to eat, Carter. Now, get up."

"Alright, alright," he whined, standing up.

He followed me out the room and grabbed my hand, kissing my knuckles. We went into the kitchen and I sat him down on the stool, handing him his plate. Carter then pulled me on his lap and started eating while wrapping an arm around my waist.

I pulled out my phone and rested my head on his shoulder, scrolling on it.

"Is it good?" I asked him, turning my head.

He quickly nodded and kept stuffing his mouth. I shook my head, chuckling then went back to my phone.

"Wanna go out today?" Carter asked, tracing shapes in my side.

"What'd you have in mind?" I asked, sitting up.

"We can always drive around until we figure something out. Get to know each other more."