three

"Drink on table three!"

"Already got it!" I called out as I placed the cup down on the table.

It was busy night. Like, really busy.

Everybody loves them some alcohol and hot wings, I guess. It was mainly women here, so there's no telling what's going on tonight.

I haven't had a break since I started working, so I know exactly what I'm doing when I get home. My boss, Grace, has been helping serve too and it's been going well for the most part. Jason also got called in, so he's been helping me out with making drinks.

Now, I didn't say he was good at it.

"Hey, what can I get you?" I asked the man who sat at the bar, grabbing a glass.

"How about your number, sweetness?" He said, smirking.

"If that's how you pick up women, I know you've been doing a shitty job," I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, that took a lot of confidence."

"Either way, I have a girlfriend."

I shook my head to myself, sighing.

"Ah, so you only like girls?"

"No, I like who I like," I said, looking at the man.

Yes, I'm bisexual. But if I'm being honest, ever since my last relationship, I've been afraid of men. So, I've only been dating women, due to that fear. Does it sound dumb? Probably so, but that's just how it is with me.

Erica isn't perfect, but... it's better.

"Are you gonna order a drink? If not, I have other people waiting."

"I'll take an old fashioned," he replied, slapping a twenty dollar bill on the bar.

"That's a lot just for one drink, you know?" I said, making his drink.

"Keep it. Just me being nice," he said, smiling.

I put the bill in the pocket of my apron then slid his drink to him before moving to someone else. Once I made their drink, Jason slid me a notepad with a list of drinks on it.

"Need those asap!" He yelled before s r i guess someone their food.

I placed a few bottles on the table and began mixing a few together before pouring them in glasses. After placing a few ice cubes and a little bit of decorations, the drinks were finished. Jason passed by and put the drinks on his tray then grinned before walking off.

A few people were wasted and a few were just loud. There are some perks when working at a bar. Good tips, really good food, and I get to work with my best friend. Now, the bad part about it is, it's in a shitty part of town, guys like to hit on you and grope you, and you're always having to break up fights.

See? Not so bad.

"Ten minutes until closing! Finish your drinks and get the fuck out!" Grace called out while beginning to clean up.

The drunk bodies began to stand and stumble out of the building while muttering incoherent babbling. Jason came from the back and ran a hand through his hair before throwing an arm over my shoulders.

"Feel good?" He asked, ruffling my hair.

I whined, slapping his hand away. "I'm exhausted and starving. Did you pack us a plate?"

"Sure did. A big juicy burger, fresh fries, and hot wings," he said, smiling widely.

"Sounds amazing," I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Alright, we gotta clean up so we can head back home."

I went to the back to take off my apron and count my tips.

A hundred bucks? Damn.

I shoved the money in my pocket then walked back out to help Jason and the rest of the staff finish clean. To say it was a busy night, it wasn't that messy in here. We finished up throwing out the last bit of trash before everyone exchanged goodbyes.

Jason and I locked up before we headed to our cars.

"You grabbed the food, right?" I asked, unlocking my door.

"Yes, I grabbed the food, Scarlett."

"Alright, alright. I'll see you at home," I said as I got in the car and started the engine.

My phone was dead so I plugged it into the car charger then pulled out of the parking lot. Once the phone turned on, it started blowing up with texts and missed calls. I'm more than sure you know who they're all from.

The phone rang and I glanced at it, seeing Erica's name appear on the screen. A low groan rumbled in my throat when I slid the green button, preparing myself.

"What?" I answered, glancing at the screen again.

"Don't what me. Where the fuck have you been?"

"At work! Something you obviously don't know about, Erica," I snapped, tightening my grip around the wheel.

"Why are you talking to me like that?"

"Because you're a fucking hypocrite! You're the cheater, the liar, and yet you question my trust and loyalty when that's all I've ever given you! I'm fucking sick of it and I'm sick of you. We're done, Erica."

"Scarlett, d-don't be an idiot. We're not breaking up!"

"Whatever shit you left at my house come get up," I mumbled then hung up the phone.

A deep breath blew out of me as I pulled into the driveway and ran my hands down my face. Lola's car wasn't there, so her and Carter obviously aren't here anymore. Jason hasn't pulled up either yet.

I stepped out of the car and slammed it shut before going inside then closing the door behind me. The keys clattered when I tossed them onto the counter and went straight to my room. My head was killing me and I felt like I'd pass out any minute now.

A loud banging sound came to my front door and I stood up with a groan, slowly walking out of my room. When I opened the door, Erica pushed past me with mascara running down her cheeks.

"Why are you breaking up with me?!"

"I explained this over the phone and stop screaming. I have neighbors."

I shut the door then leaned against it, sighing.

"You're not making any sense, okay? Can we just talk about this?" She frantically asked, walking closer to me.

"We talked on the phone," I mumbled.

"No, you talked and-"

"You fucking cheated on me! Four times, Erica and I let it slide each time!" She flinched as I yelled at her.

"A-All I did was love and care for you, Scarlett, I-"

"That's bullshit-"

I fell to my knees, taking a sharp intake of air and holding my stomach. Erica looked down at me with a clenched fist and narrowed eyes. When she crouched down beside me and reached out to touch my cheek, I flinched away from her.

"You didn't have to raise your voice, baby," she said in a hushed whisper before bringing another punch to my jaw.

She then gripped my jaw, glaring down at me.

"I'm trying to be nice here. Now, I'm gonna go back with my friends and you're gonna go and clean yourself up for me, okay?"

I quickly sat up, nodding my head and wiping my eyes.

"Good. Now get up, you look pathetic."

Erica stood up then walked out, slamming the door closed behind her.

Not again...