twenty-one

"For fucks sake, leave me alone," I grumbled, throwing a pillow then crawling back under the blankets.

"Carter told me to wake you up, because he knows you'll sleep all day," Lola whined, shaking me again.

I grabbed another pillow and threw it again, this time hitting her when she let out a dramatic 'ow.' Pulling the blanket over my head once more, I sighed then closed my eyes. I did end up glancing at the door when it shut closed, and I blew out yet another sigh of relief.

Turning over on my side, I hugged my pillow and shut my eyes again.

Which didn't last long. At all.

The blankets were snatched off of me and I was flipped over onto my back, with a not so happy Carter towering over me. I groaned quietly and ran my hands down my face before looking back at him.

"Hi, baby," I greeted, smiling.

"Don't 'hi, baby' me. Why is your ass still in bed?" He questioned.

"A bed is for sleeping. What else would I be doing still in bed?"

"Smartass, huh?"

"I try my best," I replied.

"Get up, Scarlett. You stay in bed all day means you're gonna be asleep until who knows when."

"Oh, come on," I groaned, turning over.

"No."

I jumped slightly, yelping when he smacked my ass hard. When I mean hard, it was stinging.

"Carter," I whined, rubbing the spot and pouting.

"Don't give me the pout."

I turned away from him, fighting back a smile when he sighed and I felt the bed dip beside me. His hand went to my waist, turning me back around.

"Come on, baby. We both know that if you stay in this bed, there's no telling how long you'll be asleep. I didn't get up early to make all this breakfast just for myself, and you know Lola is going to eat it at all if you don't get up."

"But the bed is so comfortable."

"I know it is," he chuckled, kissing my cheek then my jaw. "But you still have to eat, so come on."

When I shook my head, he gripped my jaw slightly and kissed me softly, as I let out a quiet hum. My arm went around his neck and he moved up closer, not hesitating to deepen the kiss. Carter's arm snaked around me waist as he pulled me closer against him, keeping a firm grip on my jaw as he pushed his warm tongue into my mouth.

My legs involuntarily went around his waist and I gripped his hair, while his hands continued to trail my torso and chest. He slowly pulled away and I licked my lips, slightly pouting. When I leaned into kiss him again, he covered my mouth and smirked before kissing my forehead.

"Nuh-uh. You can get more kisses when you get your ass up."

Carter sat up then got out of bed, holding his hand out to me. I shook my head then grabbed his hand and allowed him to pull me out of bed and throw me over his shoulder. Pushing my hair back, I glanced back at him then smacked his back, chuckling when he jumped slightly.

"Hey!" I yelped when he smacked it harder. I rubbed the now tingling spot and pouted, letting my body hang.

"I told you to stop doing that."

"And I obviously didn't listen," I mumbled then instantly regretted when his hand met my ass again.

"You and that smart mouth will get you in trouble," he said, putting me down on the stool.