twenty-three

After bickering with Lola about makeup for who knows how long, we were finally out the door and in my car. It's been a while since we had an actual girls night, since I was never able to leave the house before. Guess that's what made me such a dedicated introvert.

Lola was fixing her makeup in the mirror, so I couldn't drive like normally. If I made her fuck up her lipstick, she'd push me out of the car... moving or not.

Even though she's gotten all dressed up and been smiling a lot, Lola's still a little hurt. I don't blame her either. But, we're doing this to have a good time and distract her from that, so it'll be good.

"All right, I'm all good," she spoke up, saving her stuff into her bag.

"Good," I replied, speeding up.

"Is Natalie ready?" She asked, putting on her seatbelt.

"Should be." I grabbed my phone when we stopped at a red light and clicked her name then put it on speaker.

The phone rang twice before she picked up.

"Hey! I'm guessing you're on your way?"

"Yeah, just making sure you're ready."

"Yep, I'm all good to go- Nathan! I'll cut your dick off if you touch my damn pie!"

I shook my head when she started to yell at him in Spanish, her voice becoming muffled. So, she either threw her phone or placed it down somewhere. Lola had to hold back her laughter, as we continued to listen to Natalie fuss at Nathan.

That's one major thing about Natalie. Don't touch her food.

"Sorry for the yelling," Natalie breathed out into the phone.

"Nothing I'm not used to," I chuckled. "I'm not too far, but Lola wants to stop for liquor."

"No need! I got good shit here! I'll get our shots ready."

"Sounds like a plan. We'll see you there."

I hung up the phone then swerved between a few cars, pressing harder on the gas pedal. Leaning back, I glanced out the window and turned on my signal before making a sharp turn.

"How do you not get into car accidents?" Lola asked, holding onto the handle above the window.

"Just because I'm a fast driver, doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing," I chuckled.

I shook my head, pushing my hair out of my face and pulling into Natalie's driveway. I turned off the car and pulled the keys out of the ignition, stepping out and walking to Nat's front door.

I knocked on the door and leaned against the door frame before it swung open, revealing Nathan.

"Hey, Scarlett," he greeted, smiling.

"Hey there, Nathan," I greeted back. "I ain't interrupting right?"

He shook his head, chuckling then said, "Not this time. You two look good, come in."

"Hey, hey! ¡Será mejor que no estés coqueteando con mis amigas!" Natalie yelled from the kitchen as we walked inside.

"She speaks Spanish?" Lola asked, looking slightly impressed.

"Yeah. She told him that he better not flirt with us," I told her, chuckling.

"How do you know that?"

"Being around Natalie for so long, you pick on what she says."

"Hey, bitches! Get in here!" Natalie yelled.