seven

After what happened the other night, Erica's gone and Carter's been here even more than before. Erica still calls every damn day, and when I block her she just calls me from different numbers.

"Let me sleep, damn it," I whined, turning over.

"No, you've slept all day and I want attention."

The blankets were ripped off of me and I let out a groan, rubbing my eyes. I turned over and Carter was looking at me with his arms crossed.

"Don't look at me like that," I mumbled, putting the blanket over me again.

"Get up," he whined, laying on top of
me.

"You're heavy," I grumbled, trying to wiggle him off of me.

"That's pure muscle."

"With a little bit of fat."

Carter gasped dramatically before getting up and hitting me with a pillow. I grabbed the pillow then pulled him onto the bed, hitting him over and over with the pillow. He let out groans of protest, and brought his arms up to cover his face.

Carter then snatched the pillow out of my hands, smacking me one more time before putting it behind his head.

"Didn't feel too good now, did it?"

"You weren't supposed to do it back," he grumbled.

His scanned over me and a slow smirk grew on his face. I tilted my head slightly, confusion written on it before I looked at the position we were in. My face reddened once I noticed I was straddling his lap and he still had that same smirk.

I quickly got off his lap and sat beside him, putting my blanket back over myself. Carter chuckled quietly before sitting up and looking over at me.

"Nice look, Red," he chuckled.

"Shut up," I mumbled, shifting a bit.

"Oh come on, was it that bad?"

"It wasn't bad, it was- nothing, nevermind," I mumbled, hiding under the blanket.

"Come on, Red," he whined, gently shaking me.

I peeked out of the blanket and he looked at me with a grin before pulling me up.

"Stop looking so pouty," he told me.

"If you would stop grinning at me like that, then I wouldn't look so pouty," I mumbled, crossing my arms.

Carter extended a hand and gripped my jaw slightly, gently turning my head and kissing me softly. My eyes slowly closed when I kissed him back, feeling my body melt against him. He pulled me in by my waist, holding it tightly, not tearing his lips away from mine.

I brought a hand to his hair, gently gripping it as I held him closer. Carter pulled me back onto his lap, holding my waist tightly. Hesitantly, I broke the kiss breathing slightly heavily, not being able to tear my eyes away from his.

He licked his lips, looking back at me while he rubbed my sides. I felt my cheeks warm up and I instantly got up, running a hand through my hair.

"U-Um, you hungry? I could make breakfast or something," I began to ramble, walking to the kitchen.

I heard Carter chuckle from behind me as he followed me into the kitchen. Digging in the fridge, I took out eggs, bacon, and biscuits then laid them all out on the counter.

"Your ass looks good in those shorts."

I quickly turned to look at him, playfully glaring at him.