Chapter Nine

Nathan did not look at all pleased to be my project partner. In fact, he looked so distraught by the idea that it would not be ridiculous to presume that I had told him he had five days to live.

 My arm was still wrapped around his shoulder, but he hadn't made a move to take it off yet. Do you know what I call that? I call that progress.

Nathan took a deep breath in and out before setting his hate-filled eyes on mine. 

Yikes, he was definitely not a happy camper.

I soon realized wrapping my arm around his shoulder had put me about a hair's width away from him - making every little detail of his face frighteningly clear. The temptation to journey my eyes down to his sexy-sharp jawline was ever so pressing, but I didn't want him to catch me looking.

What? I'm sorry, the man may be a dickhead, but that didn't diminish the fact that he was hot. The devil was once an angel, after all.

He narrowed his eyes and dropped his gaze down to my arm and then back up to my eyes. 

"Get your arm off of me!" he hissed, his warm breath fanning over my face.

"Well, someone's moody," I whistled as I flopped my arm off of him. "Also, somebody might need to learn to be a little less spitty," I joked as I pretended to wipe my face as though he had actually spat on me. 

Nathan's angry gaze shifted to mine once more before he rolled his eyes.

Soon enough, the sound of rustling paper echoed around the hall, and I watched as students started to rise from their seats – indicating the lesson was over.

 Nathan let out an audible sigh of relief and wasted no time before rising to his feet. He was clearly eager to escape the theatre, or well me...

"Hey, wait," I said before he could take a step to leave. 

He stopped and took a deep breath in and out again before slowly opening his eyes again. 

"I know I'm going to regret this, but what?" he snapped.

"You're coming with me to my flat," I said bluntly.

He tilted his head and observed me the same way you might look at someone who had severely damaged their head. 

"Erm...no. I'm pretty, sure, I'm not," he said simply and slowly.

Shoving the rest of my stuff into my bag, I rose to my feet. "Erm...yeah, you are. I don't like to procrastinate, and I want to get this project started today," I said as I pushed my way past him to get to the isle.

When I heard no movement behind me, I let out a frustrated sigh and turned back round to face him. 

"Come on, what are you waiting for? A handwritten invitation?" I laughed. 

Nathan's eyes narrowed. "Erm...no, Sophie. I'm waiting for you to propose your question as a question instead of a demand. I could already have plans," he scoffed.

I raised an eyebrow. "What plans? Banging some random chick?" I snickered. 

He took an intimidating step closer to me. "What, so it's a sin to have sex now? I thought you'd be all for it, misses: I like to sing about putting dicks into my mouth," he snickered as he shot me a pointed look.

My cheeks flushed as I thought back to him catching me singing that awful song. I quickly cleared my throat and focused back on the question in hand. 

"No, it's not a sin to have sex; it's just disgusting when you do it," I said with a sweet little smile.

 He crossed his arms and stared at me for a long time as though he was having visions of repeatedly stabbing me or something.