Chapter 23: Sneaking him in

"So, what now?" I question Edric with the palisman on my shoulder and the box of cupcakes in my arms. At first Edric reaches for my arm but stops as he knows the box will probably fall. "Well, now I'm thinking of taking you home with me." My eyes at first widen at something so suddenly said. "Wha- but why? Can't be easy to keep a stranger in your house."

"Well sometimes we keep someone in our house behind our Dad and Mom's back. Sometimes Luz sneaks into Amity's room." I can't help but laugh at what I'm hearing. It must be wonderful to have a relationship like that, but I'll never get love like it. Not with this scarred face. "C'mon. I don't want you sleeping outside like a bum." A sigh escapes my lips and I cave in. "Ok, but how will you hide me in your own house?"

"You can sleep under my bed. It has long blankets for covering and a lot of space. And nobody really goes in there unless they're looking for me." Though I have my doubts I'll like staying in a room for however long, it beats waking up cold and hungry with guards at the corner. Can't go live with Luz either. That's just going to put them in danger.

"Fine, fine. I don't really have much choices, do I?" And he puts an ATM around my shoulder, slightly pulling me close. "Great! You won't regret this." And then he lets me go as Rascal transforms into a staff. When he pulled away from holding my shoulder, it kinda looked like he was a red in the face.. but it's probably just these pink-tinted glasses. Hopping on front as he sat behind me, Rascal lifted up into the air while Edric would go on to direct me.

"Just straight ahead and I'll tell you when we see it. It's a purple mansion-" His sentence is cut short all of the sudden once Rascal flies away from here with a fast paced speed. My reaction is to grip my palisman with one hand as the other held the box. But Edric wraps his arms around my torso tightly. My first instinct is to groan slightly at the pressure of his vice-like hold. "S-sorry! I've only flew once." His hold on my grows a lot less constricting but still enough to hold on. I'll admit it's nice to feel held onto like this.

.

.

.

It doesn't take long before Edric tells us while pointing. "There it is!" Rascal lands down around the house till Edric tells us "Go through that window. It's my room." Rascal's lets us off to the window sill in which We climb in, but with Edric making sure I go in first. After getting in and Rascal back to his tiny form. 

(Sorry if this chapter was boring)

(Special thanks to Emo_chan_2008 For this idea!)