Chapter 133: Punishment

Hunter's P.O.V.

Aside from the fear of getting publicly executed, I'm actually feeling pretty great! And just as we enter a familiar territory, showing the castle is near, a feeling of dread makes itself even more present... Fan tucking fastic.

"You're awfully quiet." The witch carrying me on her back tells me, as if I should be chatty right now. "I don't usually talk to who've taken me captive." To this, she just replies with "Ok, that's fair." And then we make it inside.

At least Kikimora isn't here to gloat. Wherever she is. And now I feel my anxiety levels off the charts. Just as I try to prepare myself for the disaster to come, a certain noise is heard throughout the room. The loud thumping of a heart. 

No matter how much I try, I just can't seem to prepare myself for what will ensue...

I should've just listened to Edric! I was just too stupid! 

"Hunter? What a shock." Belos does genuinely sound surprised at my sudden appearance since it has been a couple years after all. "Though, never thought I'd see you under these circumstances." I agree. I also didn't think I'd reunite with him while being stuck to someone's back from plant magic.

"Gaia, put him down." They're gonna kill me right now in front of everyone- Oh. No. She's just removing me from her back, but the vines still keeping me restrained. So her name's Gaia. 

Facing The Emperor has never been an easy task, and not even when I was doing a good job. "How long has it been? Four or three years? Where did the time go? Everyone. Leave. I want some privacy with my nephew." Like the obedient servants they are, each and every individual within this room leaves me alone with this wendigo.

He gets up, stepping forward to me as I make an attempt to step back, but if only these vines weren't so tough! "First thing's first. Where's your palisman? Because I'd rather avoid these episodes before they actually come." Well at least Rascal's safe. "I don't have it. Oh woe is y-" "You think you can simply avoid punishment? You think you can just come in here without anything of use to me, then try to insult me? I thought you were smarter than that."

"I honestly wish we could patch things up. You've wiped out so much of my guards, you could be so much more useful if you were actually fighting against those who deserve it. Do you forget they have families? But no. You need actual discipline."

(Spelling? How is it?)