Chapter 94: What do you like about me?

Hunter's P.O.V.

Right now Edric is using the scroll he gave me and texting to that Drama king. Looks like he's having fun too- "You've been staring at Edric for like, an hour." King points out who's now sitting sitting with us. "Welp! Time for me to head off!" And my face goes red once again as I get up but my sleeve is pulled by King. I lift up my arm but that lifts him up with me.

"Eda and I saw Belos make that speech. He said 'Hunting season'!" I pull him off my sleeve with my white staff of artificial magic, and put him back on the couch. "Don't worry. I can just teleport away." Edric gets up. "But what if they sneak up on you!" He grabs the staff from my hands. "Hey!" I try to reach but him being slightly taller than me holds it up and only slightly out of my reach.

At first, he has a serious look but now it changes to a mischievous smirk with narrowed eyes. "This is in poor taste, Ed!" "Uh- C'mon, why don't ya just grab it?" If he doesn't stop this now I'm probably gonna lose it! "This is in poor taste! You're starting to piss me off!" "What's that? I can't hear you from down the-" And now I'm livid. "YOU'RE STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!"

And I reach to grab at his wrist but Luz bursts into the room. "What's going on here?!" King rushes to her. "Luz! Luz! You gotta record this!"

.

.

.

Soon Eda walks into the room and breaks up the squabble, then taking away my staff to wherever so I can't run away again. Not like Rascal will be willing to fly me away.

So trapped here again? And now it's night time too as I'm standing outside the house. My helmet is off too. But I'm having trouble sleeping. Even as Edric is by me, despite him making me feel so safe. Guess it's because of him being with me. Me constantly trying to run away from this place but he wants me to stay. But wh- And I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I whirl my body around to see Edric. "Why are you out here? It's soooo late." He comments with a hand still on my shoulder. "No reason." "But everyone is always doing something for a reason." I sigh at his response. "Ok. I'll tell you. What do you like about me?" He gives me a puzzled look. "But why would you ask that?" Now both his hands are on my shoulders.

"Just answer the question." I look away as I mumble the words but make sure they're heard. "Well I guess I'd say you're... For starters you're: hot headed, kind of mean and rude." I restrain myself from talking while I feel a sense of shame. I had no idea I was that hateable, but it hurts so much more coming from hi- "Is what I would say if we met." What?

"But now I see you for who you are. I know why you act the way you do. Because of-" And he stops for a moment, seemingly as if not wanting to mention him. "But after being with you, I know I've made the right decision. My mom probably would've pushed me to get with some boring fancy witch. But I'd never trade you for anyone like that."

My face turns scarlet while my mouth uncontrollably spreads into a smile, so I bite down onto my bottom lip to smile less. Probably a weird expression though. Really wish I had my helmet to hide it.

(Spelling? Cheesy?)