Chapter 160: Suspicious charms

Edric's P.O.V.

After that whole argument, Amity went home while me and Hunter awkwardly sit on the couch. During the argument, he kept on telling me it's fine because now we're back together. Not gonna lie, it's actually really weird how quick he was to forgive me. As usual when Hunter is acting weird, I feel like it has something to do with Belos.

I try to sit next to him casually as if a friend, just to try and take things more slowly as that sounds a lot more healthy. But to my surprise, it's Hunter who's being the more affectionate partner here. He's the one who's a lot more closer, closing the gap between us.

But King enters the room. "Wait- you two are back together? Well at least he'll stop whining." King sits on the couch with us while Hunter is still right next to me. It's nice like this. Despite how he was so quick about the whole thing.

"Just don't kiss in front of me. I was already scarred today." King mentions to us, making me remember what Hooty told us. To that, I just chuckle. And now I burst out into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. "That's not funny!" But I just keep laughing and laughing till I notice Hunter backing away while rolling his eyes, but so looking like he's trying to keep in his laughter too.

King just grows in annoyance and leaves the room at our reactions. But a thought suddenly hits me. "Hunter." And he turns to me. "About those glyphs- I mean charms. Can I see them? I mean, what kind of charms?" Hunter complying with my question, lifts up both leggings of his pants to show each leg has three straight lines placed on the skin. "This just makes me go faster." He tells me like this is normal.

And then he shows me his wrists which each have a circle on it with four ovals protruding from within the circle. "This is for protection" And still says it with such a casual type of tone. "And when I pulled your sleeve, there was one on your shoulder." Which is my way of asking to see it, but his eyes slightly widen. "No. These are the only ones I have. I don't need anymore." Weird reaction... "But I remember it so clearly." "No. There's no more charms I need."

Getting very suspicious of how he's acting I pull down his sleeve to get a better look at whatever he's hiding. He tries to cover the skin of his shoulder, but I quickly move it, trying to see what kind of charm this is. "What's going on in here?!" Eda has now entered the room.

(That would be a weird sight for Eda. Spelling? Writing good?)