Chapter 54: Am I too distant?

(Art by me. It's if Belos dies and Hunter becomes Emperor (

Hunter's P.O.V.

After dealing with Edric's constant shenanigans, I finally am able to sit back down and close my eyes.

.

.

.

"I didn't say anything weird did I?!" A voice loudly asks, causing me to open my eyes and see a blanket draped over me. My eyes also catch Edric talking to his sister. "I guess? I would'nt really call it embarrassing. Hunter had to bring you back here, so maybe he can fill you in?" Edric looks to me after Amity's sentence.

"What are you two talking about?" I rub my eyes while asking that question. Knowing Edric, probably something stupid. "What was I saying when I was acting weird?" With a sigh, I answer his curiosity. "For starters, you kept on holding onto me. Like a vice. Then when I was taking you back here, you kept on saying the opposite of what I say." A few seconds of silence before it's broken by Edric. "Really? That's not so bad-" "Amity, we should go before mom freaks out again." Emira calls out to her sister.

And so they leave. Amity who waves bye to her brother while saying a loud bye to Luz who's nowhere to be seen. But she says it loud enough for the house to hear. After the door is shut and the two are out, I decide to tell one more detail. "Then you kissed me." His eyes widen in seconds before questioning aloud "WHAT?!" "But don't worry! It was on the cheek."

"That's so embarrassing!" "But what happened to make you get like that?" Edric puts a finger to his chin in a thinking pose till he opens his mouth to talk. "All I did was smell a purple flower I... Saw someone drop." He frowns at saying that last part. "But who'd carry flowers like that?!" He makes a nervous smile which I find to be quite concerning.

"Remember that little red girl with the annoying voice?" Oh no... "Yeah?" "She had a guard with her named 'Steve' who was acting crazy. And they dropped a flower behind. I could see the aroma like a fog. I thought it would smell good! But... I think they implied they'd use it on you."

Great. Now I need to worry about being drugged too. As if magic being blasted at me along with being unable to show my face isn't enough. "Has it damaged your body?" Edric looks at me with silence till shaking his head at me. At least he's fine now.

I sit next to him, not sure of what to say next. "Well it wasn't all bad. I guess it was nice having some alone time with you." I admit, looking away as I'm insecure of showing my expressions. I wouldn't usually show my emotions verbally like this but I'm just so distant most of the time. I could end up pushing him away if I continue to build a wall between us. But a touch snaps me out of my thoughts, and a dramatic hug by Edric. He gives me big gestures and such affection, so I need to return the favor somehow.

(Spelling errors? How was it?)