Chapter 25: Fear

Whatever's going on, I'm completely immoveable, so I look down to see myself tied to the ground with golden chains. I struggle and struggle but unfortunately, to no possible avail. And then I look around to see people along with Belos gathered around me. Belos who's reading book, the people who're mostly Emperor coven guards. Some more of those people being coven leaders. And the rest are few people who aren't part of The Emperor. There's Luz, Amity, Eda, King and then Edric who I notice last. Those are the ones with a look of disappointment. My mind and heart race at the fear as I call for help but this only causes one thing. First Edric walks away to my horror, then Luz. Then Amity too walks off which is understandable. Eda and King just talk to each other with a bored expression but haven't left. The last thing I notice are vines on my arm which has retracted back into my coven brand before waking up with the loudest gasp.

"H-Hunter?!" Edric sounds groggy, like he just woken up. Must still be night? "Edric? Are- is it still at night?" "Yeah. You just woke with the loudest gasp. It wasn't a nightmare, was it?" He lifts up the drape of his blanket over the bed, revealing myself to him. "What uhh... What was it be about?" Edric knows. Of course he would. Obviously anyone would know I'd have night terrors from that sudden sound.

"You wouldn't want to hear it." A tear suddenly escapes my eye. Am I sad? Don't feel sad. Luckily for me, he can barely see me in the darkness under the bed. "No, no. I wanna hear it." Edric gets out of bed and sits on the ground, looking at me with his hand still lifting up the drapes.

"Ok... Ok. I was chained to the ground. A crowd was around me and you too-" "Me?" He points to himself confused. "Yeah. I was being, I think sacrificed and people were just walking off. That's it." "But what about this guy?" Edric questions, referring to himself. "Edric. I don't know how else to say this but... You walked off too. But nothing happened. Not like I was killed."

Edric doesn't seem to know what to say to this as he has a look of surprise. "Do you want water? Do you feel better?" I peek my head out slightly to connect more with him. "No. I'm fine-" "Were you crying?" This question causes me to wipe away that tear. "N-no. Sometimes I just wake up with a tear. It's normal biology. Wait- don't you have school tomorrow or something? I'm just keeping you up." 

I retract back into the darkness like a timid animal. Rascal just snuggles onto my hand to soothe me. "No, I don't have school tomorrow. In the morning we could go somewhere because you wouldn't like being in here all day, right?" I sigh and agree by telling him "Yes." "Well. Goodnight, Hunter. Again." And again, I know it might not make sense. But those words somehow haunt me.

(Is the chapter good? Because I'm not sure if the conversation after a nightmare was executed went well.)