Chapter 122: A break

The picture reminds me of when anyone inhales those flowers

Edric's P.O.V.

"Y'know, when I was at Eclipse Lake, you and The Golden Guard getting together wasn't exactly what first came to mind." I think I even hear her rolling her eyes. Just as we make it to the house, Amity's the first to knock.

Amity's once shoulder-length hair has grown very long and around her torso. Pink dress with black leggings while having multiple piercings on her ears to complete the look.

The door swings open to reveal Luz as this is one of the days she promised to show up. Her bangs once short have now grown long and past her shoulders while the back remains short. A beanie on her head. Green jacket with a purple and white striped shirt underneath too.

"Amity!" Luz attacks mittens with a hug. "By any chance, is Hunter back?" "He's in his room." Luz replies while still focusing on Amity. And so I walk past the two and walking to the room which is formally Luz's. 

Without knocking, I already go inside of his room, seeing Hunter who's a lot different than he was at 16. Now his hair is slightly grown with his undercut having vanished. Now he's wearing a white hoodie with the zipper having a gold diamond symbol to grip. The sleeves are slightly rolled up to show scars as well as a few more on his face. Not grotesque scars, but are more. A scar under his left eye with another right beside the same eye, but covered by ash blonde hair.

"Hunter! I didn't think you'd be here at this time!" I run to him as he's sitting in the room. And just like Luz, attacking him with an affectionate hug. But pinning him down this time as Amity was standing when Luz hugged her.

Hearing him groan in annoyance, I pull him back up in sitting position, hoping I didn't hurt him. "Knock knock to you too." He rolls his eyes at me while saying this. "But... I kind of have to..." I give him the puppy eyes at knowing what he's going to tell me. 

"Edric, I have to. You have to understand-" "But what will one little break hurt? You could just stay here with me." He looks away for a second at what I'm saying. "Ok, ok. I guess I could take another day off." It's not like back when he was The Golden Guard. Nowadays he actually takes days off, but what will another day off hurt?

"Good." I sit next to him, snuggling with him as I want this to be a good day off.

(Spelling mistakes? Hopefully the bromance doesn't get cheesy)