Chapter 114: Drowsiness

Hunter's P.O.V.

"Well nobody died." I reply to Edric trying to soothe him... Titan, am I that terrible at talk? I recall the blood smeared on my face. This time as the blood isn't so fresh, I'm able to wipe it all away without it smearing over my places. "But you almost got caught by Belos. And I couldn't do anything." "It's the Emperor. It would be hard for anyone to do anything." Well I guess that's a better sentence.

Continuing on, I don't want to hear Edric acting like it's all his fault. "It wasn't your fault. Nobody could do anything. I probably made it worse by not dealing with the guards quickly enough." Edric looks down looking unsure. "Please don't blame yourself..." I put my hand on his shoulder, but feeling increasingly tired with the last of my sentence being a long pause.

I let go, feeling awkward while still having a drowsiness in my head. "Well.. when do you think you're going to be able to walk again?" I shrug my shoulders at this. "Probably tomorrow. It doesn't hurt unless I stand." And I look down feeling a bit embarrassed because I'm thinking of-

"Are you okay? I know I probably ask that a lot." Ed rubs the back of his head. I get even more filled with embarrassment, trying to find a way to vaguely describe what I'm thinking. "Remember when we were outside that one time and then I freaked out, so I ran back inside." 

He looks so puzzled. "You have to be way more specific than that- oh. You mean a kiss." Yeah. I just didn't want to say it. "Are you sure about this? I don't want you to feel pressured like last time. I need you to be sure." Nodding I tell him "Yes. I said I'd be honest this time. I am." I put a hand to my chest.

"Ok. I believe you." I nod in nervous emotion but I'm completely sure this time around. A little tired and light headed, but sure. Once leaning in, I feel my face heat up into possibly a scarlet color. Our lips touch which would've been to my horror that while ago, but now it's not.

But after five seconds, Edric breaks the contact of skin but I notice something red on his lips. Oh... I may have wiped away the blood, but I touch my lips, then pulling my fingers up to my face finding traces of red. 

Then noticing Ed looking at me, he does the same and looks at the traces of red on his finger. "So... That's why your lips taste like metal." His face becomes an expression of disgust before getting up and going to the bathroom most likely to wash away the blood.

Ugh, how embarrassing.

(How was it? Awkward? Cringy?)