Chapter 153: Ignored

Hunter's P.O.V.

As the days pass, I meditate more and more. After the meditation I check the scroll for messages by Edric. Nothing. Can't bring myself to message him, but it's weird. He messages a lot. Hate to sound all clingy, but I think he's ignoring me..

The only bright being me getting closer to taming this wendigo. This house might have King, Raine, Eda and Rascal. But I wish he was here more. And Amity's leg would've healed by now.

But as I was meditating a couple minutes ago, I've decided perhaps to take a break, going to get a sandwich, watching whatever on the crystal ball King's watching. But as I make it, I can't get Edric off my mind. It makes me feel so sad, feeling so ignored. Maybe I should tell him what's on my mind.

Just as the sandwich is completely prepared, I walk into the living room, then sitting on the couch to eat and watch. As I do, King glances at me just as I sit down. "You look gloomier than usual." And to this, I argue, even if I know it to be true. "You sound like Luz and Eme- Ed." I restrain myself from calling him that nickname out loud. "What do you mean?" And so I answer him. 

"Well Luz tells me I look gloomy when I lie on the floor or sitting in a corner. Ed thinks I'm gloomy when Belos is mentioned or when I mention the curse. There's no rhyme or reason to those two!"

He just gives me a stare. "Those actually sound like normal reasons." Thinking it's better to just ignore the conflict, I look at the crystal ball and eat.

.

.

.

And with that, maybe it's better to meditate now as I need to take care of this wendigo situation. But before I do, I try something I was too nervous to. Sending a message to Ed, hoping he'd respond. 'Ed. Can we talk. I just feel like we've been so distant for this week. What would you like to talk about?'. And I put it away, hoping this would catch his attention.

And that's when I sit down, ready to put myself back into the black abyss.

.

.

.

In mere seconds as I've grown accustomed to the meditation, my hands appear in front of my body. Everytime, the deer got easier and easier to find till it appears right in front of me from the start, and it is now right here. And to my fortune, I've memorized how it fights, knowing to dodge it's kicks most of the time and so I make a dash at it, sliding under, then jumping up to ride it.

(Do you people think Ed is being dramatic? Spelling?)