Chapter 90: BYEEEEEE!

Hunter's P.O.V

Hours have passed since both me and Edric laid on the couch. I really, really hate to do this to them, especially Emerald but I can't stay here. I'm only putting them all in danger. I slowly get up, quietly as I possibly can. Once my feet touch the floor, I sneak to get whatever supplies I need. Pencil, notebook, book of glyphs, helmet and staff. 

Sneaking over to the door, I open it ever so softly before going out. And I only leave it open slightly as I fear it might awaken the owl demon as Rascal follows. Luckily he's not awake yet. And so I walk off in my Golden Guard uniform while I put on my helmet. Rascal flies in front of me and pushes on my forehead.

"I know you want me to stay. I've had close calls but this was too close. They know where I am and Belos will send his best guards after them." Rascal stops his pushing and just hovers in front of me, hopefully understanding. "They're probably heading over her right now." And so I walk on, wanting to be far away. 

Not only should I find somewhere else to be, I also need to get stronger. Belos had control over me without my free will, and I'm never letting that happen again. While walking forward, I turn my head to see The Owl House is further away. Gotta get further. Should I go back in town? Maybe should go live behind an alleyway again.

"Over here! That Owl Lady's house should be- Hey! Who's that?" I notice the silhouette figures in the distance which I must've thought were bushes far away. I know they must be sent by Belos, so they need to know it's me. They need to know or they'll search the house and maybe try to kill whoever lives in there for 'harboring a criminal'.

I look to Rascal. "Get into my hood." And raising my staff, I cast a red glow to illuminate my figure in the darkness of night. I feel Rascal sitting in my hood while they all stop in there tracks at seeing me. "Golden Guard! We've been ordered to-" I use the staff to teleport myself on the opposite side of them. "BYEEEEE!" I yell out, making sure they know where I am. 

"Get back here!" A guard dives to me, but I teleport further back. I forgot how fun using the staff is! The guard has fallen onto his belly as I teleport constantly back as they run to me, not being able to catch me all while I make sure they can see me. Then I yell "BELOS CAN EAT A D-"

(Spelling? And Hunter's probably gonna say more things about Belos like that ending line)