Chapter 176: A fair deal

Edric's P.O.V.

Once the two have no choice but to drink the liquids, that's when I focus on the scenery instead to take a look at the damage. A few holes in the ground. Multiple trees have been cut down. Most damage done to the scenery by Hunter as the damage done by Amity has traces of purple goo. Hunter had used glyphs of wind and water to cut things, which I never thought I'd see.

But focusing back to the two, they just look confused. But Hunter makes a different reaction a few seconds later from the confusion. First he turns his head around multiple times to have a look at the seen before backing away, and near to the house. Then turning around and running back inside with loud gasping of shock as the antlers returned back into his skull, his eyes returning to normal too.

But I run after him, wanting to comfort him as he may be aware of what happened. But he's sprinting to fast and into the house before I could say a thing. Still. It doesn't stop me from chasing after him. Still doesn't stop me when he locks himself into the room. Walking right up to the door and harshly knocking on it, I'm just greeted with silence.

A few more knocks upon more knocks, I turn around and slide down the door till my body hits the the wooden ground beneath me. But there's something I have to ask... I said he tamed the wendigo, right? And the curse is harder to control during times of stress or anger. And that smoke only made him feel anger. So why couldn't turn into it.

"I know this is weird to ask, but uhh... Why couldn't you turn into the wendigo? Didn't you say you tamed it?" And a silence again. That is until he actually speaks. "I did. I mean- I thought I did but it just wouldn't let me. Here's the funny thing. It actually offered a deal. Didn't know it could think of that. And to think I almost accepted it." "What sort of deal?" Is my question as the curiosity is committing a murder while the victim is me.

"I have to eat palismen. Or at least the wood they're made from." Upon hearing this makes me feel as if my heart had just sunk. "Palismen?! But what about the wood? What if you just ate the trees?" "But those kinds of trees are very rare right now. I don't think I'll-" But he immediately stops. "Do you have an idea?" Is all I say before hearing him once again. "Back when I became a wendigo... Breaking Amity's legs... I must've ran off deep into the woods because that's where I woke up. When I was awake, I saw a palisman tree. With bite marks in the tree trunk. I know my wendigo form was eating it."

(How is it?)