Chapter 95: Jealousy

Hunter's P.O.V.

Soon Edric pulls me into the house, making me feel even more safer than I was with him before. I had no idea he loved me this much. "Let's just go back to sleep, ok?" I nod at what Edric order- what Ed tells me. And I lie down on the couch but notice Edric's on his scroll. "Aren't you gonna go to sleep too?"

He glances to me before answering my question. "Just texting a friend. Jerbo." And my head leans up to look more clearly at him. "Uhh... How close are you?" Edric obviously notices what I mean by that. "You're not jealous, are you?~" I can hear he's holding in a laugh. "What? No. No! I could never!" 

"Boop." As I try to convince him I'm only asking an innocent question, he lightly presses the tip of my nose. "You don't have to worry about me running to another fella." He wraps an arm around me lovingly, making me feel safe once again like those minutes ago. 

This soothing touch along with the calming words make me feel so protected. Setting my jealousy aside, I close my eyes, ready to drift off with Ed behind me.

.

.

.

Once waking up, I notice Ed isn't behind me. And so I get up, noticing King and Luz who're beside me and looking at a crystal ball. Once on my feet, a thought occurs to me... What if I give something to Edric? At least one thing." I grab my book of glyphs at the thought and head outside. "Woah, woah. You don't need to go outside." Luz tells me to which I say "I'm not running off. I don't have my artificial staff, and Rascal won't fly me away. I'm just practicing plant glyphs.

"Can I watch?" I sigh at her persistence. "Ok, fine." Once heading out, I make sure to step out from the shadow of the house and to the golden light which shines on the grass. I lay down my notebook along with the book of glyphs and turn to the plant page. And I make the specific needed symbol. Since I've been doing plant glyphs for a bit, it shows a good-sized and healthy flower with green petals.

I'm looking at a page of specific flowers with a wide range of colors... And I choose a specific green one. "Green? Why such a specific color?" I can hear the mischievous smirk on her face. "Yeah... I'm taking a liking to wild magic. Greens a symbol of nature, and wild is a natural thing..." Wow, I can not make things up to save my life.

She playfully fake punches my arm. "Hunter, you ol' softy." "Soft? I'm not soft. I just like the color." I awkwardly give her the silent treatment to avoid embarrassment. 

(Cheesy? Hope spelling's okay)