Chapter 123: We don't have a ship name

Edric's P.O.V.

"Hey, Hunter?" He looks up at me from his scroll, looking at me with slight curiosity. "What should our ship name be?" He raises a brow at my question, then chuckling a little. "We don't need a ship name."

"But Luz gave herself and Amity a ship name... Goldric?" He shakes his head, smiling with furrowed eyebrows- but I notice a slit on one of the eyebrows. Specifically on the right which isn't covered by hair. 

Getting even closer just to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me, and I hold the side of his face. "What are you doing?-" "How did you get that?" And seeing closer, I notice a small cut. "Wha- oh. That. No big deal. Just a tiny, little scratch." "Yeah, yeah. No biggie." I start out with a tone of sarcasm. "You always tell me it's no big deal, but you've been tricking those guards for years. You ever think of retiring from that? Not to mention the other scars."

He backs away slightly while looking away confused at what to think. "Ok... I understand. I'll still do it but not as much." Ok. Not as much. Not like I know how to talk him out of it anyway. Guess I should just enjoy the day with him as much as I can.

"NO! NOOO!" Hunter grabs his artificial staff. "KING!" I yell to myself as Rascal makes himself into a staff in Hunter's other hand. We both dash down to the living room while I carry snowball in my hand as a staff too. But once arriving, all we see is King watching a soap opera on a crystal ball. Raine and Eda too arrive to the scene while so does Amity and Luz from outside.

"No! The princess!" He yells out while everyone besides Luz show expressions of either annoyance or some other negative emotion. Luz who just runs to him, scooping him up in her arms and cuddling him to comfort the demon. "Seriously?! We thought you were in dang-" "Hunter, it's okay." Though he's angry, sometimes it's too funny seeing him angry over something so dramatic. I pull on his arm, getting him to move back to the room we had just come out of.

"I'm sorry, Edric. I just thought it was an emergency-" I pull him along more and getting him to sit down with me. "Let's just sit here. Let's just... Relax." He pulls his scroll back out while having an arm around me. Times like this make me realize even more, I made the right choice.

(Remember when they saved Raine? Because I was planning to get Hunter separated from the group and while the others left, he had to hide in the castle.)