Chapter 164: Interrogation

Hunter's P.O.V.

Now Gaia has been completely overpowered by us three. Eda pulls her up by the arms. "Why can't The Emperor just leave us alone!" She yells right in her face. "Because- I don't know? Angry? I don't know what he's trying to gain, but an order is an order." Ahh. That's the painful mentality I once had.

Eda pulls her to the house before asking again. "I don't understand you Emperor followers. He hasn't helped with the boiling isles the whole time he's had his reign." And hopefully that reign will be ending soon. "I'll have nothing left to lose if I leave The Emperor." But people need to leave. 

"What's he offering you, exactly?" I question, wondering if I can change her mind. "You know. I get payed. I get respect from the coven. The usual." And I pinch the roof of my nose as she widens her eyes as if some realization hit her. And Raine speaks up. "Is something wrong?" She shakes her head. "Just remembering something. Some guards were just talking. Nothing special." But if something made her react like that, it's gotta be important, right?

"No. Tell me." Eda along with me while possibly Raine are going to be very curious about her thoughts. Maybe she'll reveal what else Belos is up to. "What are you gonna do? Kill me- ok fine!" Well that was easy. If she thinks she's going to die, she'll give us information. "But it's not important to you. It's just some personal business which happened in the coven a while ago. Actually... Maybe you don't want to hear it." Now I'm even more curious!

"Well if it's not so important, let's hear it." I tell her, sick of her right now and thinking of using another glyph right now. "I'd really rather talking to only one person about it. That harpy girl?" She tells us, referring to Eda but then stutters and goes on to say more. "No! No! That one!" She points to Raine. Can't blame her. Wouldn't wanna be interrogated by an angry harpy either. "Fine. Whatever gets you to say whatever." Eda walks off while I walk with her and leaving Raine with the plant witch.

(Rushed? Next one's gonna be a flashback chapter with Belos)