Chapter 43: Giving it a try

If the characters were in a whole group, that looks pretty likely.

Hunter's P.O.V.

"But does he know you like him t-" Upon hearing this my face goes more crimson than ever. "I don't like him in that way! And besides, it's not a big deal." Luz raises a brow at me. "But you're turning into a tom-" "I don't. End of discussion." I turn back around to walk away. "Just hold on for one moment! I actually think you like him. And you like him too. You're not even that mean to him. Moody but you're so much more nicer to him than the rest of us. Can't you just give him a chance?"

This stops me from walking further, then looking down at the ground while thinking, should I? I have been acting weird around him lately. And a lot nicer to him than everyone else. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. If I'm in love, I didn't know. But I have no idea why I've been acting like this around him.

I walk down and into the lounge, seeing Edric in the room and talking to that little monster, King. I just sit on the chair near their couch, feeling awkward about being so close to Edric because of that conversation. And now I see Luz has followed and goes to sit on the couch.

Maybe I should tell him when they're gone. But I could just take him somewhere private. Actually no. I mean.. it doesn't have to be today. "Luz! King! I'm going into a town for groceries. Wanna come with?" King leaps off of the couch and runs to Eda like an obedient puppy. Luz who too is excited gets off of the couch and to Eda, telling her she'd love to. "Ok, let's go! You two who uhh... Keep the house safe." 

It's not like we can go anywhere. First Eda walks out the door with a staff in hand. Then King runs out and then Luz. Then it was just me, Edric and Rascal. But I feel like I'm missing someone else- oh no!

"Hoot hoot!" I just groan and walk off, hearing Ed following me from behind. "C'mon, he's not that bad!" He laughs while grabbing my shoulder. Then I feel Rascal perch onto my shoulder. Must've been sleeping somewhere.

Should I just say something? "Edric, there's something you need to kn-" "HOT HOOT! WHAT ARE WE GOSSIPING ABO-" On instinct I push him away. "Now's not the time!" I walk up to Eda's room, looking to Edric, silently telling him to follow.

He runs up after me while I look at Rascal. "Alone. Please." He tweets and flies off somewhere in the house. 

"Soooo... What's this all about, Goldilocks?" Is his question once we both reach the room. "You said you have a crush on me. And-" He just sighs while facepalming. "Not now.." "But listen. I might have a crush on you too. Might." Edric shoots me a look of shock. "But you said you didn't have a crush on me." "I know, I know. But I've never had a crush before. I thought it'd be different. But Luz has given me advice, and now I know it's a crush." His eyes sparkled with joy but the twinkles disappear while his giant grin becomes a frown. Did I say something wrong?

Oh no... I screwed up already?

(Errors? And how was the chapter? Rushed?)