Chapter 115: Raine wakes up

Edric's P.O.V.

Well that was... Not what I expected. And by that I mean I completely forgot there'd be traces of blood in his mouth. But once walking back into the room where Hunter was sitting, I see he's lying down, probably asleep already. When I tried to get him to go to sleep, he wouldn't, but when I'm gone a minute he's actually-

"Hey, Edric. I'm sorry for that. I actually forgot about it... Somehow." Is he not thinking straight? Because wouldn't he taste it in his mouth? I sit next to him feeling very awkward after that. "We could just... Cuddle?" Who am I kidding? He's always in his she'll, and after what happened, so maybe he wouldn't feel comfortable about i- I feel him getting closer to me.

Now he has an arm around my shoulder, but as if in a weak grip. He's probably getting too tired to do anything. "Or we could just go to sleep." I push on his chest to lay him back down. He makes an annoyed whine at what I tell him. 

But this time as I lay with him, I wrap both arms around him. Usually I don't, but I just feel like he'd appreciate it this time around. I can tell he appreciates it as he leans back into me.

"NO!" A scream causes us to shoot up at the sound. Hunter probably would've fallen off of the couch, but luckily my arms are still securely around him.

Raine is looking around frantically with expressions of confusion and fear. "Where am- wh- how'd I-" "I have an owl and I'm not afraid to u-" Eda bursts in with her palisman staff but lowers it at finding it was just Raine awakening.

"Raine! You're awake!" Eda walks over to them in a quickened pace, hugging them who's still confused but hugs back anyway. "Why can't I get some peace and quiet in this house?!" King yells out from the halls.

Hunter wriggles out of my arms and lays on the other side of the couch, probably more tired.

"Where's Darius and Eberwolf? How did I-" Eda interrupts them with her answer. "You were under a mind control spell. And Belos was using you like a mindless robot." Raine rubs the back of their head. "Well that's... I just remember black. But are we safe? And- The Golden Guard?" Hunter makes a certain noise which is mixture of a sigh and groan.

"Is he a part of your group too?" We have way too much to tell them.

(Please tell me if they've been misgendered.)