Chapter 140: Stay away!

Edric's P.O.V.

So Luz's coming today. Amity's sure excited, but I'm still worried about Hunter? What if he's dead?! Maybe a post will help me see if he's fine? Even if I see something I don't want to. But a message in my private chats? Going to it, I see it's from Hunter!

'Edric. I'm back. I'm fine and Eda told me I'm grounded, so I'll be staying home for a while. And I'm sorry for everything I said. I didn't mean it. But you should stay away from me for a while. I might say something I'll regret.'. 

He can't be serious. That doesn't matter. I know he's just emotional right now. I think it would mean a lot to him if I went to see him. I have no idea how to reply to his message, so maybe I could just surprise him with the sudden appearance.

Looking at the time is when I notice we should be heading off soon to go to The Owl House.

.

.

.

Doesn't take long thanks to our trusty staffs, and now we make it to The Owl House. Amity is the one to knock, and the now opened door shows Luz who gives Amity a hug. In I go to the house after there's enough space to move within the door. "Hunter's up in his room but he won't-" I run up to his room just as King speaks. "You're welcome!" He calls out, offended.

Ready to surprise him with my sudden appearance, I twist the knob to let myself in... But it's locked. "I tried talking to him but he won't come out. He just told me to stay away." Luz who's just walked beside me, probably rushed here to fill me in.

"What? Why not?" He doesn't want to talk to Luz either. "He wouldn't stop telling me to go away. Maybe he'd open up to you." Taking her advice just as Amity shows up, I loudly knock, wanting to see him already. I need to know what happened while he was gone. "Hunter! It's me!" At first, a long silence till Hunter replied. "I'm sick. I don't want to get you infected." But he told me he didn't want me here because he might hurt me.

"Come on, Hunter! You don't see Luz everyday!" No answer this time. "Go away!" Amity who I can tell is getting a little annoyed steps forward. "What if Luz is gone for a while after going back home? You should spend some time with her."

"So?" He sounds a little hesitant. "And you want Edric gone too?" Amity questions through the door. Another long silence till he answers. "Yes.. I want him to go away and never come back." Honestly, that hurt. "Did I do something to upset you?" I couldn't have, right?

Now Amity is angry. "He was so excited to meet you again!" Just as she tells him this, both Raine and Eda get on the scene. "Just come out!" Eda calls while Raine looks like they're in hesitation of telling us something we should know.

(How's that?)