Chapter 130: Wrapped by vines

Hunter's P.O.V.

Well that was a complete disaster. I get it. He's upset with me lying, going to town to fight, ect. But if I don't, who knows what will happen? Just happy Eda or Raine weren't there to interfere. I'm outside now. Glad I put my hoodie on or I'd have to stay cold. I can see town from here, so what's the harm in doing some more work? 

Readying my staff, I step forward in hopes this doesn't go as bad as last night did. Things look calm with a few coven scouts here and there, but nobody noticable. And so I hop on the staff, flying upward onto a building and looking to check where to aim. Just near the building is a group of scouts. 

Red flashes from the weapon, shooting a blast of magic right down at them to the ground, causing a panic till looking up. They can already tell it's 'The Golden Guard'. All their faces scream 'YOU' just by the look. One of them float up with a levitation spell to my surprise, but then I blast them right in the belly to knock them back down.

Then the other scouts notice me, three- no. Four more notice. And so they circle the building, throwing magic spells my way which is tricky, yet I manage to dodge them all. While raising up my staff once more, magic is blasted right onto my hand, knocking the staff out of my grasp and down onto the ground.

No, no- And just as I freak out at the issue, a pain in my back as magic shoots to me. Then footsteps... Looking up and to the door which leads to the top of the building, a coven guard runs to me, sprinting quickly. I don't even have any paper with me, or something write with!

The guard picks me up, pulling me to him. "Guys, I got him! Belos is going to be so proud!" His voice... I know that voice... "Steve? You still haven't been fired yet?" At first, he stumbles on his words. "I- I... No! Why does everyone else ask that?!" Can you blame me?

He places me under his arm like I'm an infant who can't fight back. Flailing around like crazy, I punch him in the rib to which he immediately lets go. Just as I dash for it, another witch appears to whom I bump into, falling back down. That same witch who visited our home. But my body suddenly rises as vines wrap around my body. The chaos ensuing must've sent more attention, meaning more guards.

(Spelling? How is it? Imagine if Kikimora finds him? She'll be soooo peeved.)