Chapter 124: I'm just being silly

Edric's P.O.V.

Just like those minutes ago, we just get back to snuggling with each other on the floor as we look on our scrolls. But as we sit closely together, I lay my head on his neck, almost nestling it in between his shoulder and neck. He looks to me before scooting closer and placing in arm around me.

Years ago he'd be too embarrassed to show his love, but now he's opened up so much. And I snuggle closer with him, trying to enjoy the moment as it's his time to relax.

I kiss him on the cheek, the unscarred one since I'm on his right side. Once this occurs, Hunter puts the scroll down and wraps his arms around me securely.

Right now I'm in bliss at the moment we're sharing after all that's happened between us. Us hiding here from The Emperor, getting Hunter free from that mind spell, and now I'm able to be free again. But he technically isn't. He can't go into town. But what can I do about it?

"Is something wrong, Ed?" He notices my frown in an instant. "I was just thinking about how you're not allowed to show your face in public. I want to do something, but I can't." "Well I guess the only way to do that is to kill Belos. But that can't happen." He slightly laughs after his sentence before the laughter dies down at my expression.

He kisses my forehead to soften the mood. "It's getting late. Maybe your parents are wondering where you are." I get on my knees before fully standing. "Yeah. My mom is. Dad is always asleep but still always tired. Guess I should go." Is what I tell him while glancing at the window, seeing the sky has grown a warm blend of orange and yellow.

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow." I kneel down and peck him on the lips just as he finishes his sentence. And so I leave the room, and hopefully to see him soon.

.

.

.

Now back on our staffs, me and Amity fly back to our home while Luz most likely went back to her mom at this time. "Hey, Mittens! I've got an idea for Hunter and Luz!" Glancing to my side, she looks to me. And this idea is because she mentioned wanting to marry Luz the other day. "Something fun we could do. When you're married to Luz, and I'm married to Hunter, we could do something fun when she visits. Having double dates or whatev." Might sound cringe, but it actually does sound like fun.

"Ed-" But I keep going. "And we could visit the human realm from time to time! Didn't she mention she'd take you there? Of course we'd have to ask-" "Edric." Her voice being slightly louder but with a hint of sympathy. "I don't if I'd be able to marry Luz. We work well as girlfriends, but she lives in a whole different world." I shake my head at what I'm hearing. "You don't have to live together to be married."

Mittens nods. "That's true, but if it's a little hard for us, what about you and Hunter. I-" She hesitates. I don't like where this is heading. "He's not even allowed in public. The guards would kill you if they found out, and maybe the family in suspicion of harboring a criminal to The Emperor's coven. I don't know if you can actually.." She just stops, not wanting to upset me.

This is a huge wake up call. She's right. "Ed, I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-" "No. It's okay. You're right. I'm just being silly."

(Cheesy? How's it?)