Chapter 172: Orange smoke

Hunter's P.O.V.

And yet, more days pass. But with Gaia in our house. I don't know if I should trust her yet. She hasn't tried anything, but what if she's still loyal and waiting for the perfect time to strike. Oh, and Luz is back too. Gonna bring Amity, Edric and some of her friends over here. At least I've actually been improving on this form of magic. Should've done this a long time ago. The magic of my bard skills are becoming visible as the strings being strung craft golden lines in the air. Obviously not nearly as good as Raine's.

But those golden lines within the air grow unstable from me loosening my grip at the distraction of a completely separate noise. "Hey! What's up, my home fry?" Looking behind me and back at her, I give her a glare of annoyance. "Don't scare me like that! I could've broke something." So I put the instruments down. Edric just laughs. But what else is new?

"Mind telling us why there's an Emperor's coven witch here?" Amity questions to me. "She came here. So we caught her. Now she lives here and we're making sure we can trust her." I give her such a bored tone as I don't want to bother telling the whole story.

And my mind flashes back to when we stole something off of her. A belt containing various potions. The most notable having a very rich saturation of orange- "HEY GUYS!" Hooty bursts through the doorway and holding the belt of potions. "Since I'm soooo good at helping people, maybe I could somehow do some good by taste testing!" "Wait! Don't do that! That's a terrible f!cling idea!" Amity who usually wouldn't swear is now in full panic mode and running to Hooty. And so do I run to the pain in the ass bird to stop him from downing the possibly toxic liquid.

In fact, the potion is filled to the brim up to the cork keeping it in. But Hooty has already unopened it, so I grab the bottle, attempting to avoid him possibly killing himself. But.. this is no liquid. It's smoke! Orange smoke trapped in a bottle? I immediately drop the bottle in surprise, the smoke forming around both me and Amity. Not Hooty though as he's been pushed away.

This potion- uh gas makes me feel so- "Hey, uhh... You." Gus is trying to talk to me it seems but... "You seriously forgot my name?!" Why am I reacting so badly?

(How is it? Rushed? And damn it, Hooty!)