Chapter 100: Where's Raine?

(If I misgender Raine, I apologize. I know they're nonbinary. I promise it's just an innocent mistake. If I call them a 'he' please correct me and I will change it)

Hunter's P.O.V. 

"Are you okay?!" I pull Edric up by the arms, hoping he wasn't injured in case I missed it. "Don't worry I'm fine." But King starts to speak while pointing to the corpses. "Was this all necessary?!" I look at him, knowing it was. "I didn't have a choice! I had to kill all the witnesses. Hold on... Belos will know they haven't returned!" Edric and King walk to me. "Don't worry! It's not like he'll care enough to notice they're gone, right?" King states.

But he cares about finding me. Maybe if I explain it to Luz and Eda they'd understand. "Let's just get back." I hop onto Rascal, bringing King up with me. Edric hops on his staff and we all fly back to The Owl House.

When landing, Luz runs out to see us. "I was just going to look for you on Albert! Where we're you three?!" King is the first to answer as he jumps off from my shoulder. "You wouldn't take me flying!" Luz sighs in relief. "I thought you ran away again and they were following you." I dramatically put a hand to my chest. "What? I? Running away?!" Luz smiles while rolling her eyes till a sudden frown.

"Is something wrong?" Edric questions as I too am curious. "Back when you were with Belos. Did you see him in there? Because I know Eda really misses him." I think for a moment. "I did see them. Under control of Belos. Those veins and red eyes." I correct Luz as Raine is of the genderless pronoun. She looks slightly embarrassed till recomposing herself. "I want to get them out but I don't know how. Belos had the security doubled ever since Eda escaped." I explain to her, knowing we can't just waltz on in there.

"What if Eda just swoops them away." "But I'm pretty sure the guards will notice a harpy. And what if Belos sees this. He can use telekinesis, by the way." She fake hits her head in frustration. "I know it won't be easy, but we should plan something." But I shake my head at her. "Luz. That's a horrible idea. And I don't think any plan will work. It's too dangerous." I remember Darius, Eberwolf and Kikimora bringing in a controlled Raine.

It was a little hard to watch, seeing they got turned into a mind slave. But what can we do? At least I wasn't in a heavily guarded place like that castle.

(Spelling? How is it? And does anyone have a plan because I'm open to suggestions)