Chapter 136: Escaping on his own

Hunter's P.O.V.

No glyphs. No staff. Can't do anything but literally wait to die- well wait to participate in a witch's duel and become a statue. Unless... If there was a window, I could just breathe on it and make a glyph on the glass. But none of that here. I need to try and figure it out my own way. Nothing sharp to carve into the ground. Can't use blood to make a symbol either, because there's just nothing sharp enough... Wait... I can see the sun shining through the barred window of the cell. And dust on the ground where the sun's rays hit!

Moving to the specific spot, then sitting down, I prepare an ice glyph, making a spear as my weapon. But how to get out? Oh! This time I prepare a fire glyph, making sure the circle is large enough to cause danger, but not touching it yet. "GUARDS! GUARDS! FIRE! I'M GOING TO BURN TO DEATH!" 

Just as I hear fast paced footsteps approach, I quickly tap the glyph, but even more quickly jump away and to the cell door just as they arrive. The first one unlocks the door and pulls me out, but trying to take the spear which I jab into their throat. The next readies a spell circle, but I stab the guard in the legs before they kneel in pain, so I stab up their chin and into the brain.

Ignoring the blazing inferno behind me, I walk out of the cell while dragging the icicle across the walls to get rid of the dripping blood. Once out the door, looking one way and then another. No guards yet, but I have to move quickly! Won't run because of the obvious noise. I just walk straight ahead, heavily on alert. Especially if Belos is ever to appear.

But then I realize something... I'm right near the old geezer's room. He better not be in there- "GOLDEN GUARD?! GUARDS!" Someone far behind me yells. Damn it! Maybe I should've ran the guard with an unsteady hand from the shock of seeing me escape blasts magic at me, but his hand was so unsteady it misses and hits the floor, making a very loud bang. More guards arrive to the scene and charge at me but with good aim.

Luckily I dodge out of the way, trying to be very quick both with decision making and speed. Good thing after the years away, not only have I learned glyphs but I've grown physically more capable than before. While I run just past the door, I hear their footsteps grow closer. Immediately whirling around on my heel, I jab the icicle into one guard, stabbing him three more times just to make sure.

But a door opens from the old man's room. 

(I keep saying to the commenters, Hunter will be very unlucky. I keep taking time, but I'm sure it's next chapter which will change a lot of what will happen in the future)

(How is it?)